Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Dennis G
Dennis G

Dmk 21 And A Perfect Atmosphere

The telescope was set up around 4. 40 pm with a clear sky, still air an adjustment to the platform corrected the small northern drift and the finder scope aligned to the computer image anxious to capture a few recordings before the cloud in the southwest moved in. The number of frames Cut-Off was set to 700 and Auto Listing activated. Focus was difficult as usual and without a doubt it was a guess and so as not to lose recordings with poor focus it was checked many times throughout the 40 minutes before cloud moved in. My focus guess turned out to be good for 15 of the 25 captures. Being able to capture the next AVI with just a click of the mouse, any exciting images were recorded with a second capture before moving the scope.
The attached pics have been docked from the full size to show the interesting subject matter. Something I’m sure other enthusiasts do with their pictures. They cannot be stretched any further and I’d appreciate comments. They are the best and most exciting I’ve ever captured.
In my previous submission I asked what effect a U/V filter would make. I took half the recordings with this filter and I’m unable to see any benefit. But I’m not too old to learn
. And finally a question: The next evening I discovered the auto listing, which was still ticked to function, wouldn’t work until I entered a new folder name. Can some one tell me why or how to overcome this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Clavius Aug 11 c0025.jpg)
67.1 KB47 views
Click for full-size image (Tycho Aug 11c 0025.jpg)
45.8 KB44 views
Old 13-08-2008, 10:31 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

They look great Dennis! But i'm not sure why the resolution is so low?

It should be a 640x480 capture?

How did you save them for web? They look to have some compression artifacts too. The detail is great though! Well done.
Old 14-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Dennis G
Dennis G

Cropped Pictures

As I wrote, these pictures were cropped from the full size . I cannot see where one can reduce the resolution in the DMK control wear. The pictures were recorded in the usual way and processed in Photoshop. I may have over sharpened them, but I wouldn't know how to compress them.
What I had hoped for was information regarding the auto listing. Yesterday I had it working OK on the bench, but after recording three pictures last evening it reverted to asking if you want to over write and the need to provide a name for saving. This was done, but when the saved file was opened it had not used the file names and had recorded the 00 numbers. WHY? And the auto enabling is still ticked. Has a member experienced this who could provide a solution?
The attached pic is cropped from the full size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Craters Eudoxusand Aristoteles Aug 11 c.jpg)
52.6 KB30 views