Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-12-2018, 02:55 PM
darrellx (Darrell)

Very happy Chappy (or IIS'er)

Hi All

I thought it was time I should sing the praises of the community (after all, I have been visiting for 11 years). Its places like this (IIS) that help make hobbies like this (astronomy) so much easier and so much more pleasurable.

It is good that we have members who are so helpful at filling the skills gap of other members.

My two examples that have made me so happy before Christmas -

Over the years I have now purchased three Light Boxes from EXFSO (Peter Miller). The most recent arrived a few weeks ago. All are working fine. With this last one, which I will be using in my new Dome, Peter was very helpful in providing some advice regarding options, and what was (and was not) feasible.

I have just now received my first custom adapter (spacer) from Joshua Bunn. I am very pleased that we now have this capacity available to us. I got some very personal attention from Joshua (three phone calls) to make sure my spacer was the size and specs required. Very professional. I can now remove three spacers from my imaging train and use just the one. Great!

For those considering a custom adapter - the one produced by Joshua has a slightly more matt finish with the anodising compared to the commercial adapters. On the inside, the threaded finish (baffles?) is also more of a matt finish and much, much less reflective than the commercial extension tubes I have been using.

In both cases, the items produced are of exceptional quality and perfectly matched my requirements.

So a big "Thank You" to both Peter and Joshua. You have fabricated/manufactured something I could never do.

Some pictures attached. I always like the pictures.

Darrell
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (LightBoxes.jpg)
198.7 KB33 views
Click for full-size image (OldAdapters.jpg)
187.0 KB50 views
Click for full-size image (NewAdapter.jpg)
171.5 KB49 views
Old 13-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I’ve been meaning to contact Joshua so it’s good to see some of the adapters in the flesh
Old 13-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Thanks for the excellent feedback Darrell. Glad to have helped in your quest for excellent results.
Old 14-12-2018, 04:00 PM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Hi Darrell.

Thankyou for the kind words. I am pleased that you are happy with the part.
It was a pleasure talking with you.

Josh