Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2020, 02:43 PM
glend (Glen)

GSO 8" f12 Classical Cassegrain

With regret I am going to part with my GSO 8" f12 Classical Cassegrain, which I purchased in mid-April of this year. I purchased this scope with the planetary opposition season in mind, and given my declining eyesight I figured this would be my best chance for great views of the closest Martian opposition a long time. The CC8 has not disappointed as a planetary, planetary nebula, and star splitting scope. Excellent optics in my opinion, and a focal length of 2400mm provides big reach. It has a pretty remarkable ability to resist fogging and condensation of either mirror thanks to the heavily baffled open tube design; you can read Larry Carlino's review on the Cloudy Nights Forum here:

https://www.cloudynights.com/article...ssegrain-r3215

I am offering it for sale here because I am re-equipping for future EAA uses, and all my gear not suitable for that change has to go to a good home. I have posted photos of the CC8 below for your examination. The scope is well collimated, using the new TS CC/RC Illuminated Collimator, and fine tuned with star test. It comes with three M90 extensions (2 x 25mm lengths and 1 x 50mm length), which will suit imaging configurations if you wish. I only ever used it visually, in which case a single 25mm extension from the scope back to the focuer was all that was required. The dovetail is the wide Losmandy style, as shown in the photo below.

I purchased the scope from Andrews in mid April, so it is just seven months old. It is in like new condition, no marks on the tube, and the mirrors are clean as the scope was always capped and stored in the house when not in use.

New this scope sells for $1399 plus transport, if you can find one, as Andrews is the only stockists and is sold out at the moment; I am asking $1000 for mine, which I believe is very reasonable. I will also include road transport cost to the value of $50 for any buyer. Payment would be via Direct Deposit or cash if you want to come to Lake Macquarie and pick it up.
If interested please PM me here at IIS. Photos attached.
Thanks for looking, Glen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF2190.jpg)
133.3 KB233 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2195.jpg)
162.4 KB290 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2197.jpg)
148.1 KB219 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2199.jpg)
134.2 KB210 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2200.jpg)
197.2 KB268 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2204.jpg)
109.4 KB206 views

Last edited by glend; 13-11-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:03 PM
glend (Glen)

Price Reduced

Price now reduced to $1000, with transport inclusive to the value of $50.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Roobi

interested

Pm sent
Old 11-11-2020, 02:35 PM
glend (Glen)

Still available.