Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2015, 07:03 PM
MarshMan (Adam)

Looking for a Vixen SP R125 from early 90's

Hi all. This is a long shot, but, I am trying to track down a scope that I had as a teenager. I regrettably sold it, but would love to attempt to get it back, or at least a scope of the same model, for nostalgia / personal reasons.

The scope was a Vixen Super Polaris Newtonian, R125 model, I'm pretty sure, with the German Equatorial mount. It was a straight newtonian optical system, a 5" with 720mm focal length. A few specifics about it were...

- Slide focuser
- Hand made lead (additional counterweight)
- Aluminum Tripod
- It was sold with a 40mm 1.25" Orothoscopic eyepiece

It was sold from an address in Craigieburn, Vic, to a Father and his Son, who came to pick it up. I can't remember the price it was sold for, but the year was around 1990-1991.

So, as I said, a long shot, but if anyone recognizes this scope, and has it and wants to sell it, please contact me.

However, if anyone has a Vixen SP R125, and its not the same one as above, and wish to sell it, please also contact me.

I don't hold out a lot of hope for the original scope, but it would be awesome if by some long shot, someone has it and sees this add. I have 8 children, and of them, two Sons. I would very much enjoy being to pass it down to the kids.

Sorry, I can't find a photo of the original scope, but am still looking. If I find one, I will post it.

Cheers, Adam.

Last edited by MarshMan; 04-02-2015 at 02:48 PM.