Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Dilsh
Eq6r pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Allan,
I’m sure Dilshan will give the mini tune a go himself once he gets some spare time.
Just remember we are talking about mounts in the $2K to $3k range, not big money in the general scheme of things with this hobby. Not all mounts require tweaking
I have an EQ8-R mount and it’s guiding beautifully out of the box ( no tweaks ) probably one of the lucky few with these mounts as the EQ8 forum is plastered with folk who have many issues , mainly Dec backlash
Mounts in the $15k to $50k + you’d ask for your money back if you had to tweak and tune etc….

Cheers
Martin
Hey Martin,

It would be great if we could teleport to each other and have a look, play and tweak of each others gear. Nothing beats a face to face for idea sharing and learning.

Saying that, life is super busy at the moment so I have to squeeze this hobby in around all of life's other chores as many of us do (anyone say observatory )

I have looked at the minor tune. That is totally within my skillset. I will give that a go. I feel backlash is an issue for me so hopefully that should improve things. Changing all the ball bearings might have to wait.

Cheers,

Dilshan
Old 17-02-2023, 10:18 AM
Dilsh
Eq6r pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post
Martin,

Hi Martin,

It's a pity your weren't in Melbourne to be able to help Dilshan.
There must be someone in Melbourne who could do that or
maybe he could watch some video and do it himself?
It looks to me like every mount could be improved
with some knowledgeable tinkering.

cheers
Allan
Hey Allan,

Thanks for all the links. Great reading. I think I will give the mini tune a crack. I know I will never get super flat PHD2 curves given my inner city skies but with the longer focal length I want to see if I can improve a little bit.

Thanks again,

Dilshan