Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-10-2020, 09:21 AM
TerryC

IceTrade Classifieds

The guidelines on protecting yourself as the buyer on the IceinSpace classifieds includes the following suggestion:

Insist on getting the buyers home address and phone number before buying the item.

As a seller who is going to provide non-committed buyers with their name, address, phone number as well as their bank details ?

Are you kidding ?

What makes it worse is that this is not a secure website.

Rather than imposing such onerous requirements on sellers (which no other site I'm aware of recommends), is it possible to implement a "feedback rating" similar to Ebay and many other sites ?
Old 13-10-2020, 09:48 AM
RB (Andrew)

No, I don’t think Mike or Terry are going to change the Icetrades to include a rating system.
Terry did mention recently that he was going to get the site upgraded to Secure status.

If you have any more problems with your ads in IT then report the offending posts and we will deal with it.

That’s the best we can do for you until Admin makes any changes.

RB
Old 13-10-2020, 11:44 AM
sunslayr (David)

They are more like guidelines than actual rules. You are free to require more or less information to or from buyers. If you arent happy, cancel the sale. Just like Gumtree there is always a risk, it's up to you how far you want to take it. I always organise the sale off site but even then there is still a risk.
Old 13-10-2020, 11:59 AM
TerryC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
No, I don’t think Mike or Terry are going to change the Icetrades to include a rating system.
Terry did mention recently that he was going to get the site upgraded to Secure status.

If you have any more problems with your ads in IT then report the offending posts and we will deal with it.

That’s the best we can do for you until Admin makes any changes.

RB
Thanks RB, good to know about the future site upgrade