Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Yeah, I am not impressed. When I used the official Aust Post calculator I still came up with the same numbers, I think they have it rigged somehow to overcharge. Buggered if I know...
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Aust Post to NT.png)
55.3 KB11 views
Old 03-10-2018, 06:06 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Leave it in the box and put into the largest satchel they sell , and these get quite big but you have to ask for them as they don't have them out in the shop front , yea ? wonder why , but you ask and they will get you one .

AND , guess what ? that BS cubic carp - Kg's does not apply true but they dont advertise this fact , just ASK !!

Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDrive View Post
Peter, they did that to me ( cubic crap conversion ) some time ago on an item that weight less than 1kg...because it was in box...I know how you feel.....license to print money ...I left very unhappy with the way they did that.

Col...
Old 03-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian nordstrom View Post
Leave it in the box and put into the largest satchel they sell , and these get quite big but you have to ask for them as they don't have them out in the shop front , yea ? wonder why , but you ask and they will get you one .

AND , guess what ? that BS cubic carp - Kg's does not apply true but the dont advertise this fact , just ASK !!

Brian.

Thanks Brian, I will keep this in mind for the future, it is on its way unfortunately, the guy in Darwin paid the difference, said he is used to being ripped off living in Darwin. Some things never change, it was like that when I lived there too.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Do that mate , we get the same BS here in WA , they are loosing customers faster than rats leaving a sinking ship ,, I ain't gonna shed a tear but I have to say in all my times using OZ Post ( thats 100's )_ I have never had one item go astray or damaged .

Good luck in the future .

Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfso View Post
Thanks Brian, I will keep this in mind for the future, it is on its way unfortunately, the guy in Darwin paid the difference, said he is used to being ripped off living in Darwin. Some things never change, it was like that when I lived there too.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:44 AM
kencas (Ken)

If I don't use Aus Post I use Smart Send who gives you a range of options.

For your delivery using Smart Send, signature delivery without insurance would be $37.20, and with $1000 insurance it comes to $62. So there are definitely some other options, and Smart Send has never lost a parcel, delivered a parcel damaged or not given accurate tracking info.
Ken.