Old 01-02-2020, 09:34 AM
casstony

Thanks Ray and Chris. I reckon I might be happy with about 4 hours total on this one. So many objects to image, lots of half done images, and now a different image scale with the 150ED opening up new interests - just need the weather to cooperate
Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM
ChrisV (Chris)

I had a go at it the other night. I'd just finished modifying my CGEM mount with belt drive stepper motors and wanted to check the tracking. Did an hour and a half with osc, using a UVIR filter. Could hardly see the nebula above the background noise ! Shows how good the faux-narrowband filters are !!!
Old 02-02-2020, 12:00 PM
casstony

Yeah the L-Enhance filter is one of my most important bits of gear - quite the godsend for a casual imager.
I have a Baader 7nm Ha and 8.5nm OIII that I should probably sell as they're not getting any use. They take better images than the dual band but with more effort.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:30 PM
etill (Elliot)

Yeah, I'm definately getting some filters. I could barely see it after two hours when i tried a week or two ago.

I'm considering the l-pro or baader uhc-s first, I want to gradually filter more out, and the l-enhance is quite a bit more specific looking at it side by side with the l-pro.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:03 AM
casstony

Quote:
Originally Posted by etill View Post
Yeah, I'm definately getting some filters. I could barely see it after two hours when i tried a week or two ago.

I'm considering the l-pro or baader uhc-s first, I want to gradually filter more out, and the l-enhance is quite a bit more specific looking at it side by side with the l-pro.
The L-pro and L-enhance would be a good pair to have, though I'd recommend the L-enhance first since it makes imaging a lot easier under heavy light pollution/moonlight, even though it's not suitable for all objects.
Old 20-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Fernando

Such beautiful DSO! Great pic, Tony!!! I am hoping to image it this summer, when/if the clouds are gone...
Old 23-02-2020, 09:53 AM
casstony

Thanks Fernando. The weather is being very uncooperative here making it hard to get time on the multitude of summer objects. Orion will be gone before we know it.