Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-04-2024, 12:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

First Chemo session.

I had the sense to ask Sandy to drive me in and push me around in my wheelchair.
The amount of walking in my current condition I now accept is impossible for me still unfortunately I would have made the walk if I had to...some how.

So all went well..I took some tablets as directed and man I was high as you could image but without knowing...happy positive and again full of hope..my doctor says really there is little chance the treatement will work on my cancer but the fact is it has given me hope and so the treatment has already done its job..hope can be so difficult to summon.

AND scored two hard cover books free..unbelievable really..one one chemotherapy and one on physics..so how happy am I..and free mouth wash, a digital thermometer cause a fever means straight to hospital as it is real dangerous as the treatment destroys somewhat ones imune system...AND I can turn up to the hospital with symptoms, I have a list, and get a few days holiday..breakfast in bed, morning and afternoon teas, nice folk to chat with...I am really just so lucky...but that is set up thank to Palliative Care.

I am just so impressed with our heath care system and scorn these conspiracy folk who bag it out...they are just ignorant of reality and make up rubbish about stuff they know nothing about...but they are the lossers so I really don't care as they don't know what they miss...

But that damn drug had me up until 12 buzzing about...I expected a major crash today but not too bad..even went down to the observatory and got a few things happening.

Plus had the best sushi take away ever in the car on the way home..it was so fresh and you could not expect better..so good....it really was a perfect day...

But I think them saying I could drive underestimated how that pill hit me...

So I have 16 sessions..four more than usual each day prior a hot trip in the red car for a 7am blood test to set up for the following day...just can't get better.
Old 17-04-2024, 12:45 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I notice that on my unit at least scrolling does not work and so editing can not be done...so remember that if something looks odd.

alex
Old 17-04-2024, 02:08 PM
N1 (Mirko)

All the best Alex, keep at it mate.
Old 17-04-2024, 03:42 PM
JA

All the best wishes coming your way Alex.

Semper fortis.

Best
JA
Old 17-04-2024, 03:53 PM
glend (Glen)

And still he finds time for astronomy, and the guitar. Looking past this problem.
Old 17-04-2024, 05:53 PM
Crater101 (Warren)
Mostly Harmless

Hang in there mate, and never give up. Cancer is a word - not a sentence!
Old 17-04-2024, 06:48 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex has the most positive attitude and I’m sure it makes a huge difference
Besides there’s so much more to do in astronomy and astrophotography
Patiently waiting for the next image from the Askar

Best Always
Martin
Old 17-04-2024, 07:27 PM
TrevorW

Alex all the best mate, always said if I get anything serious in my old age I'm taking up smoking, drinking and chasing women, might as well die happy, think positive, enjoy life
Old 17-04-2024, 07:31 PM
gb44 (Glenn)

Good luck, Alex!
Have you got BorrowBox app on the phone so you can read a good e-book?

GlennB
Old 17-04-2024, 08:32 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
And still he finds time for astronomy, and the guitar. Looking past this problem.
You left out..microscope, drawing, fishing and the boat, and the garden

My belt is I realise each day is just so precious and once gone that is the absolute end...there is no more..so don't waste your time I say..and do.

And I can thank you my good friend for so much inspiration and purchase guidance to help me enjoy everything.

alex
Old 17-04-2024, 08:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I had another great day..did not crash as I expected and resolved to fix 115 mm ..I have stuffed the reducer by pulling it apart an unsuccessful in reassembling it...Glen has helped in selecting a new unit but of almost greater concern was the camera was refusing to give an image telling me so with a little message..so I was going to give that another go but I turned everything on and it worked..happy happy happy..the near six month rest was all it needed...so massive step forward.
I will order a new reducer tomorrow and get the 115 mm set up back in business.

alex
Old 17-04-2024, 08:47 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks for all the support gentlemen I can assure you I really appreciate all your good wishes...I dont have any friends at all in the real world..they are all gone..the last three who pittied me with cancer three years ago all dead now...I have one mate who lives in my house in Sydney but he is crook and neither of us can make the trip...so you won'fearful people here are extremely important to me.

alex
Old 17-04-2024, 10:24 PM
dugnsuz (Doug)

Thinking of you Alex
Doug
Old 17-04-2024, 11:09 PM
GTB_an_Owl (Geoff)
bewise betold neverbecold

keep on keeping on Alex
my thoughts and wishes are with you

geoff
Old 18-04-2024, 05:53 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks for all the support gentlemen I can assure you I really appreciate all your good wishes...I dont have any friends at all in the real world..they are all gone..the last three who pittied me with cancer three years ago all dead now...I have one mate who lives in my house in Sydney but he is crook and neither of us can make the trip...so you won'fearful people here are extremely important to me.

alex
Alex, this is the real world, we do exist and support your fight. You are not alone.
Glen
Old 18-04-2024, 07:47 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Alex, this is the real world, we do exist and support your fight. You are not alone.
Glen
Thanks Glen...sorry it was not fight for me to call it that way...
alex
Old 18-04-2024, 08:06 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

AND I receive personal message sometimes of support which really help kick start my day particularly when you wake up and it all seems just too much a message of support heads me in the right direction.

alex
Old 18-04-2024, 08:46 AM
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

Jeeze Alex, sorry to hear you going thru all this, but I'm enjoying reading your positive approach to life and its curve balls. Haha yes you've got some free vouchers to 'hot' meals at the hospital, but remember, it's not meant to be a restaurant! Meals are designed to make you want to leave....
Old 18-04-2024, 08:46 AM
EpickCrom (Joe)
Epick Crom

Good Day Alex! You are an inspiration for us all with your positive outlook and fighting will.

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you nothing but the best, stay strong and positive
Old 18-04-2024, 08:52 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmoW View Post
Jeeze Alex, sorry to hear you going thru all this, but I'm enjoying reading your positive approach to life and its curve balls. Haha yes you've got some free vouchers to 'hot' meals at the hospital, but remember, it's not meant to be a restaurant! Meals are designed to make you want to leave....
If someone else makes it for me it is the best...cooking is just so hard for me..I can do it but there is no will and I love hospital food...you get a menu and stuff comes often in little packets...I always set aside some bread and jam for later...bring it on.

alex