Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

all the best mate
Old 18-04-2024, 09:13 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpickCrom View Post
Good Day Alex! You are an inspiration for us all with your positive outlook and fighting will.

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you nothing but the best, stay strong and positive
Thank you very much Joe.

I often say no matter how terrible something is one must look for the good and potential benefit and I cite say head lines of atrocities features poor inoccent victims of horror that as bad as that is that it must inspire some folk to do something to fight against such stuff and be inspired to make the world a better place.

I would like to think that others can benefit from the valuable lessons I have gathered thru my life..I am very lucky..just think law then real estate...how many new faces have I seen each day of my life and the exposure to seeing what makes someone a success...I know it is attitude...that is all you have...I remember making a client the equivalent to $5 million in today's money..in seven weeks..when I handed him the cheque he said " oh Alex, this is such a lot of money, how will I invest it wisely"...not "mate dinner is on me let's celebrate" " Thanks for your magic"...it was more a burden than joy...I took away from that more value than his $5 million I can assure you...

I still consider myself to be the luckiest man on the planet and would not change my life for anyone else's because well I have had a real big serve of life but I have an attitude that makes me tolerant happy and able to turn the worst event into an adventure...I only hope some of my treasure can be used by others and the world can be a little better for some folk who can understand the secret I have found...within..that is the key.

It is so easy to be sad but easier to be happy...we are just so lucky to be in this time in history, on this planet, to be the ruling species and somewhat aware of reality and for some of us free of superstition that has ruled many for milenia...and to be doing astro...one day of such a life is worth years of the poor devils who lived only centuries ago...

What is not to like ...

Do not let one single thing take away from this wonderful life you have.
When it's over its over but think off the great experience you will have had.

alex
Old 18-04-2024, 01:40 PM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!
Old 18-04-2024, 04:04 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Speaking of hospital food and I know you like culinary photos, this was breakfast a couple of weeks ago at Eagleview, after a night of imaging.

Also, last weekend was the first time we had hung a load of washing out to dry up at Eagleview, on what, at ~ 1440m, is likely Australia's highest Hills Hoist!...I just had to get a happy snap

Hang in there Alex...and keep enjoying the food, can never have too much food...and beer! post a photo

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (432333822_10163721922147925_8198192842253397959_n.jpg)
194.7 KB31 views
Click for full-size image (425729337_10163785180622925_1811276615050884690_n.jpg)
198.0 KB31 views
Old 18-04-2024, 06:00 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelandscott View Post
Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!
Thanks Scott...I hope your and yours are well.

alex
Old 18-04-2024, 06:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Speaking of hospital food and I know you like culinary photos, this was breakfast a couple of weeks ago at Eagleview, after a night of imaging.

Also, last weekend was the first time we had hung a load of washing out to dry up at Eagleview, on what, at ~ 1440m, is likely Australia's highest Hills Hoist!...I just had to get a happy snap

Hang in there Alex...and keep enjoying the food, can never have too much food...and beer! post a photo

Mike
Thanks Mike..you have motivated me to make dinner..that is a huge help.

alex
Old 18-04-2024, 09:15 PM
AstroViking (Steve)

Sending lots of positive waves your way, Alex.

V.
Old 19-04-2024, 07:18 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroViking View Post
Sending lots of positive waves your way, Alex.

V.
Thanks Steve and I am feeling it...I can't get over just how good I am feeling given I have been expecting some sort of negatives from the treatment.

alex
Old 24-04-2024, 11:06 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Had another yesterday.
I got sandwiches and a hot blanket and no one else did..what should I take from that...

AND to boast...I give complete strangers unsolicited pep talkes both for their good and mine as I get such joy to find I have uplifted someone's spirits.
Well yesterday there was a student doctor and after my rev up I had a new disciple..he came back later to shake my hand and thank me...simple stuff to use every day as if it's your last, makes your goals by what you what not what is expected..he was Japanese so it was probably most revolutionary.
I read a book about a young Jalaneses man planing a sail from Japan to USA and the peer pressure whatever was such that he could not tell anyone in his sailing group and had to build his boat in a different town ...so maybe just maybe I helped him.
So things are not great but I am as happy as you could not believe.

I found out assisted dieing is legal now which means my carefully laid plans will not have to be implemented if the suffering gets past a joke...civilized and honorable.

Had a great morning..no side effects..mowed the grass broke the drive belt and took joy that I outlasted the mower..you must make any lose a total win..
Got the shed electrics working so as not only supply the observatory but the van as well...and having replaced the batteries in the van I set up another system using the old batteries which could do some jobs like phone charge and take a little burden of the main bank approach...well happily the old batteries after slow charging are just now passing 13 volts so they look like they can assist at the heavy end as well...
AND Sushi for lunch as she Got me two boxes yesterday...live each day as it it's your last...you betcha.

alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 24-04-2024 at 02:41 PM.
Old 24-04-2024, 01:17 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
Glad the treatment isn’t knocking you around too much
Japanese folk are generally lovely people , my wife’s younger sister use to provide food and lodgings for young Japanese students who studied at Universities in Sydney. We would often meet them at family BBQ’s and they were most humble and appreciative of the fact they were given an opportunity in our country.
Your last sentence is definitely words of wisdom !!
Did some imaging last night down south in my Dome , the full moon was spectacular overhead , a beautiful sight , not so good for my Oiii filter though.

Best
Martin
Old 24-04-2024, 02:47 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Your are lucky to get a sniff Martin...I am taking your advice and adding dithered subs next opportunity and try and really do everything right for this Eta to see just how good I can make an image after all the stuff I have been thru to build my skills...my first serious undertaking you might say.

alex
Old 24-04-2024, 04:16 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Yes definitely add data whether dithered or not , you will still improve SNR after stacking
As your a loyal Startools user like me , why not give ASTAP a whirl for stacking , it definitely improved my images and whilst DSS and others are fine , the ASTAP stacked image is so much cleaner and less noisier. Done many comparisons with different data sets ( Sydney Bortle 8 and South Coast Bortle 3 )
I’ve only used ASTAP for my Mono data so far ( broadband and narrowband) but I’m sure it will equally perform well with OSC.
It’s a snack to use and there’s no groups , reference frames and endless settings to stuff around with like DSS.
It just works !!
Happy to send some procedures if your interested, if not no problemo

Martin
Old 24-04-2024, 06:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Yes definitely add data whether dithered or not , you will still improve SNR after stacking
As your a loyal Startools user like me , why not give ASTAP a whirl for stacking , it definitely improved my images and whilst DSS and others are fine , the ASTAP stacked image is so much cleaner and less noisier. Done many comparisons with different data sets ( Sydney Bortle 8 and South Coast Bortle 3 )
I’ve only used ASTAP for my Mono data so far ( broadband and narrowband) but I’m sure it will equally perform well with OSC.
It’s a snack to use and there’s no groups , reference frames and endless settings to stuff around with like DSS.
It just works !!
Happy to send some procedures if your interested, if not no problemo

Martin
Thanks Martin...I feel my next stacking change will be to the one I bought ..Pixel Processor?..I think..which enjoys good reviews for one thing but money paid and all that..plus it able to stack from multiple scopes which I would love to master...and a decent star reduction feature that seems to work..I come back to that after StarTools so as not to break ST rules...in any event getting more data seems like just a pipe dream at the moment...and I am just so happy with my results because they are way past my expectations...and of course a background in law and real estate as opposed to some sort of computer field has made things quiet difficult ...together with old age, laziness and mediocre intelligence I sometimes wonder...the only quality I get by with is just not giving up really and not getting frustrated when things just won't work...

Anyways my goal is more data ...and flats and stuff

As my Mom always told me "you only have to do your best"...problem is I can't give in unless I have given the very last drop...nothing less for Mom...die trying, no problem and only option...

alex
Old 24-04-2024, 08:49 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Since you bought APP then it’s best to use it’s excellent capabilities
Wishing you clear skies
Martin