Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-07-2018, 09:59 PM
mountainjoo (Jerome)

QSI683WSG-8 with Astrodon filters

Looking to sell this camera with a full set of filters to fund another purchase. It was originally a 5 position WSG but was upgraded to an 8 position WSG-8 in 2016 at which time a complete service was undertaken by QSI. The camera has been a pleasure to operate while I have owned it and the integrated off axis guide port and filter wheel make an attractively simple yet extremely robust imaging platform. I have been able to run the sensor at -20C all year round in Sydney at no more than 85% of its potential. More information can be found here.

Both the 5 position and 8 position filter wheels are included as well as their respective WSG and WSG-8 covers. In addition to this there are various QSI adapters for guide cameras and a Gary Jarrette guide camera adapter for Lodestar format guide cameras which makes attaching and focusing such cameras a trivial task.

The camera is stored in the original Pelican case shown in the images and comes with the original power supply. Currently installed in the camera are a complete set of the most common Astrodon filters in the 31 mm unmounted size. The set includes:
  • Astrodon LRGB E Series Gen II
  • Astrodon 5 nm H-alpha
  • Astrodon 3 nm OIII
  • Astrodon 3 nm SII

Not much needs to be said about the quality of these filters. They have exceptional in-band transmission and off-band blocking. The LRGB filters are specifically those for use with the KAF8300 sensor in the camera. More information can be found here and here. The 8th position in the filter wheel is unoccupied.

The landed cost for this package would be over $9000. I am looking to get $6100 posted anywhere in Australia or pick up in Sydney. I've attached some resized images taken with this camera. Please send me a message if you'd like specific details or full resolution versions of these images. More images taken with this model camera can be found on AstroBin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMAG0245.jpg)
87.6 KB88 views
Click for full-size image (IMAG0244.jpg)
115.5 KB73 views
Click for full-size image (IMAG0242.jpg)
96.8 KB61 views
Click for full-size image (IMAG0243.jpg)
107.5 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (ngc2237_drz_ha_28_900.jpg)
89.1 KB103 views
Click for full-size image (corona_australis_lrgb4.jpg)
187.7 KB109 views
Click for full-size image (ngc6188-ngc6164_hxo_2.jpg)
146.2 KB148 views
Click for full-size image (dark_tower_halrgb_4.jpg)
199.7 KB110 views

Last edited by mountainjoo; 16-08-2018 at 07:11 AM.