Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2017, 02:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath2099 View Post
"You really need to address such bad thinking it is simply wrong and offering another wrong in or to support is misguided."

But offering the solution of murder for a murderer is somehow not misguided?
Nath I am not perfect and am the first to admit my knee jerk reaction and calling for capital punishement was perhaps not a good call.
I think we could call it, as you say, misguided.

I think my knee jerk reaction helps me understand how others let assassination creep into the conversation but my hope would be that others can review their position.

Alex
Old 02-02-2017, 04:09 PM
clive milne

I have to marvel at the irony that the countries listed on the visa ban are those that the US has deliberately destabilised.

Also find the hypocrisy mildly amusing... that the biggest supporters of terrorism weren't perceived as a risk, ie) Saudi, Qatar, Turkey, Israel, et al.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 PM
skysurfer
Dark sky rules !

After he seeks confrontation with Mexico and some EU members, he now has confrontation with Australia, about the refugee agreement of the refugees in Nauru.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:39 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
I have to marvel at the irony that the countries listed on the visa ban are those that the US has deliberately destabilised.

Also find the hypocrisy mildly amusing... that the biggest supporters of terrorism weren't perceived as a risk, ie) Saudi, Qatar, Turkey, Israel, et al.
Clive, if you look at it tangentially and juxtaposed, there is a method to the madness of doing what he has done. The USA has to now try to walk away from the sordid manipulations of reality and falsification of terror, and essentially, back-stab those it manipulated in the first place.

But that's just a theory, probably holier than a swiss cheese.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Orionskies (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
After he seeks confrontation with Mexico and some EU members, he now has confrontation with Australia, about the refugee agreement of the refugees in Nauru.

....I think there is a pattern developing here .
Old 02-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
Yes, our PM has been "Shirt-fronted", but at least we have not been put on notice like Iran.

Dysfunction and uncertainty are going to be a major, ongoing problems between the Trump's new, America-first USA and the rest of the world.

Alarming to see that the commentators on Sky News blame our PM, rather than Trump who is falling out with just about everyone.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Correct me if I am wrong here, but countries that he has business interests in eg Saudi Arabia have not been included, is that not where Osama Bin Laden originated and the pilots of the 911 terrorist attack aircraft??
Old 02-02-2017, 11:49 PM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfso View Post
Correct me if I am wrong here, but countries that he has business interests in eg Saudi Arabia have not been included, is that not where Osama Bin Laden originated and the pilots of the 911 terrorist attack aircraft??
Nearly half of them were still alive on September 12th to protest their innocence, and that is an undisputed fact... I would have imagined that would be somewhat problematic for the official narrative?
Besides, I think it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that it was primarily a Mossad operation, anyway.

Not that anyone would have picked that up if they left it up to Rupert Murdoch to form their world view for them.

I'm not saying that the Saudi government wasn't peripherally involved (or at least informed).. And, if there was justice in the world, they would most definitely be regarded as a pariah state... no question.

The footnote to this is to point out those who were NOT guilty... And that would be Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria & Yemen... you know, the guys we have been bombing back to the stoneage or would dearly like to.
It's no coincidence that they are secular or predominantly Shia and vehemently opposed to the Wahibi (Sunni) brand of vitriolic, islamic extremism - promoted by the murderous thugs we consider to be our friends in the middle east. (there's a reason for that) And here's another question to ponder: of the countries that have tried to abdicate from financial control of the BIS (Bank of International Settlements) &/or tried to abdicate from the petro-dollar fraud... how many of them are we NOT bombing, or trying to find some plausible pretext to destabilise militarily, economically or politically ?... Name one?

Seriously, how do you think ISIS or Alnusra have survived, fighting in Syria for (how many years)? Obviously they could only do this if their supply lines were still intact...
Who's funding them?
Who's supplying them with weapons sufficient to wage a war against the quasi-superpower, Russia?

Is this not so obvious that it needs to be pointed out?

Incidentally... does it also need to be pointed out that THE most (ostensibly) radical form of Islam (ISIS).... just never, ever expresses any ideological grievance with Israel... only with Israel's enemy's.

ffs.

Trump is a side show clown in the larger scheme of things and the primary reason he is getting saturation negative billing from Rupert's tapeworms is for the fact that he's deviating from the script.

Last edited by clive milne; 03-02-2017 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:26 AM
billdan (Bill)

I noticed that Donald has warned Mexico if they don't quickly shut down the drug cartels, he will send in US troops to do it. If that were to happen he won't have to worry about Islamic terrorists anymore, instead he will have Mexican terrorists bombing the USA.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-0...ombres/8235920
Old 03-02-2017, 02:37 AM
Eratosthenes (Peter)
Trivial High Priest

The elite cream of the US leadership pool produced a major party choice between Hillary or Trump.

Almost 50% of eligible voters (~100 million voters) in the US did not even bother to vote on election day. Half of this non voting group could elect an alternative party and leader.

....but like Plato said at around 400 BC "...the people get the leaders they deserve"

Old 03-02-2017, 08:28 AM
xstream (John)
Grey Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post

....but like Plato said at around 400 BC "...the people get the leaders they deserve"

Certainly brings meaning to the saying. "As Ye sow, so shall Ye reap".
Old 03-02-2017, 09:07 AM
casstony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
I don't agree. If people aren't intelligent enough to see when they are being manipulated that doesn't mean they deserve to be manipulated, unless one believes dog-eat-dog rules are fair.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Quote:
I'll also just add that people scream blue murder at someone suggesting Trump should be assassinated, yet last week the exact same people were baying for the blood and suggesting the termination of that bloke in Melbourne.
Wrong again. If you are going to make that accusation, back it up. It's pretty easy to quote on here so you shouldn't have much trouble if you are right...
That guy belongs in a mental institution, and if police had been allowed to do their job properly, he would have already been in custody and this would never have happened.
Not all people believe killing people they don't like is the answer. Don't try and project your extremist views onto others.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:26 AM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Winning an election, (especially when only rather marginally) does not in any way and nor should it, prevent anyone from protesting, making their views heard or taking any lawful action against any decisions or policies, made or implemented afterwards by the victor/s. In fact, many people would have voted for Trump on perhaps a singular issue and may well not be happy now or in the near future with how things are being dealt with outside that singular issue...and yes, these same people also have the right to protest against those dealings and decisions too.

I say keep going hard with the protests and use any lawful peaceful means available to help your disagreement with what is happening get heard!

Not unreasonable

Mike
Well put.
It isn't the protests per se that are the problem here. In fact, the ability of people to protest freely is a sign of a healthy democracy.

The problem is when those protests involve harming people, smashing shops, burning cars and attacking police. Then they need to be shut down, the offenders arrested, and those who still wish to, can go out and peacefully march again.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Nath2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTrooper View Post
Wrong again. If you are going to make that accusation, back it up. It's pretty easy to quote on here so you shouldn't have much trouble if you are right...
That guy belongs in a mental institution, and if police had been allowed to do their job properly, he would have already been in custody and this would never have happened.
Not all people believe killing people they don't like is the answer. Don't try and project your extremist views onto others.
It wasn't in reference to you. Get over yourself. And where the **** have I said killing anyone is the answer? If you are going to make that accusation, back it up. It's pretty easy to quote on here so you shouldn't have much trouble if you are right...
Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 AM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Quote:
It wasn't in reference to you.

Quote:
I'll also just add that people scream blue murder at someone suggesting Trump should be assassinated, yet last week the exact same people were baying for the blood and suggesting the termination of that bloke in Melbourne.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Nath2099

Were you suggesting the termination of that bloke in Melbourne? No? Then it wasn't in reference to you. Jesus wept.

EDIT: Still waiting for evidence of my "extremist views".
Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Interesting to see that posted given it seems to have come out that he pretty well had to be talked out of abortion of what turned out to be his first child (I think it was the first child, apparently from yet another interview transcript)

And seeing the direction of this thread (Exactly the direction to be expected) Perhaps a good time to insert a quote I recently heard on the radio (Unfortunately I don't recall who it was or I would attribute it. "People have a habit of labouring under the misapprehension that insult is a good substitute for argument" I would add to that that people also commonly labour under the misapprehension that insult is a good amplifier of argument.

All you need to do is mention "Leftist" or "Rightist" or any of the stronger versions of the terms and your argument has fallen on it's face for me. If you need to preface your argument with reference to your perception of your perceived opponents political leanings then your argument can't be much good. To nick a phrase from a german pollie in response to Trump's recent complaint about Germans not buying enough American cars ("Build better cars") build yourself a better argument.
*hearty applause* well said
:2thumbs :
Old 03-02-2017, 11:20 AM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Quote:
Were you suggesting the termination of that bloke in Melbourne? No? Then it wasn't in reference to you. Jesus wept.
Did you read your own post?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Nath2099

Sure I did. What's your point? Show me where I said that YOU were baying for the blood of the murderous loon in Melbourne, and that you were also having a go about the suggestion to assassinate Trump. You can't, because I didn't. As I said, it wasn't in reference to you. It may surprise you to learn, but not everything is about Ben.