Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > Telescopes & Mounts
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-05-2024, 07:52 PM
AdamJL

Price Drop: EQ6-R Pro and +$500 of accessories (no tripod) - $1400

Hi folks

Putting this one up back for sale. Switched to a more portable setup so no longer needed.

Purchased from AstroAnarchy in 2020. I don't need to write too much about this one, as everyone knows what a workhorse it is, but it served me very well over the years, but it's time to say goodbye as I've had to downsize to a smaller mount due to space/weight constraints.

What's included:

From the standard accessory list:
  1. Mount
  2. Synscan Hand Controller V5 + Holder (see below)
  3. Power Cable
  4. Counterweights (2 x 5kg)
  5. Synscan Hand Control Cable
  6. Allen Wrench 1.5mm and 4mm
  7. Instruction Manuals
  8. Counterweight bar
  9. Azimuth bolts

Extras! Throwing these in as well, over $500 worth of stuff included in price

I also have an EQ6-R to EQ8 Tripier adapter if you want it. Made by the awesome Josh Bunn. If you don't want it, that's fine I'll chuck it. The mount is a beast on a pier!

Anything damaged?
The mount has been well cared for, but the azimuth handle stripped off after a year. It's a known problem. People 3D print replacements but I use a Trojan stubby ratchet which is stronger and much more reliable. This will be included with the right size socket. I've included an image of the setup with this at the back.

What's not included (important)
  • Tripod and Accessory Tray. I'm using these with my AM5. The image I've attached shows the tripod and tray, but these won't be included.
  • Shutter Release for Canon EOS. I can't find it. If I ever do, happy to post it to you free of charge in future.
  • Just for the avoidance of doubt, the Geoptik spreaders in the picture are also not included
  • *Synscan controller has the bracket that holds the controller, but not the bit that attaches to the tripod. If I find this in future, happy to post free of charge to you.

All up, asking $1400. Price dropped

Price is for pickup in Sydney. I can ship in Aus, but will check to see how much it costs first to your address and let you know.

Happy to post more pictures, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (0V2A5793 copy.jpg)
202.9 KB156 views

Last edited by AdamJL; 28-05-2024 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Price drop
IceTrade Classifieds is a free service provided to IceInSpace members to help encourage and promote astronomy in our community.
Old 25-05-2024, 01:05 AM
AdamJL

Bumpity bump. Still for sale.
Old 28-05-2024, 03:57 PM
AdamJL

Bump
Dropped the price to 1400.