Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2024, 02:36 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Youtubing

I suspect that a YouTube business must be the best opportunity ever...I cant..er maybe I could after I recover ...of course..how silly of me to think I couldn't...Anyways I see it as a great way to make good money with minimal investment primarily because you can see simple folk doing it...but I am pushing friends and family who I just know can produce the goods even though they lack confidence ( that's where I come in..I have truck loads and give it away for my pleasure)...

So is anyone there who can offer input...starting from the start...tips etc...experience or about someone you know and their journey....

I was partners in a movie many years ago and like it was expensive..from camera man, editing, voice over, we hired an aro plane..major thing..now a phone and a drone...then the marketing...mega but now that is auto ..opportunity plus in my book ...we dropped it even before the camera man ran off with the film...but if we had not dropped it that guy did us the biggest favour...I lost $12000 but avoided probably another $50000 potential loss...I thought there was a hope of $100000 profit so really the risk to profit was always just wrong given not knowing what I was doing...but for $12000 I almost got it out of my system...where was YouTube?

Sure content subject matter..forget astronomy but cooking, cats, kids, lighting half a ton of matches ... I follow a young chap who fishes mainly at night around Sydney and he gets to fish and gets a neat $ return on his videos...and then there is Mr Beast...$500,000 net worth..$2 and $3 million a video and without being disrespectful or unappreciative of behind the scene effort...looks damn easy.

But all these people ( friends and family) I feel I can help as I have some quality that I can instill confidence and belief in ones self and above all plan ...not a small thing..tomorrow you do this ..now write it down..missed by many and critical for action and success.

So how to, your views on a good product ... it's cloudy so away we go....

Alex
Old 13-05-2024, 03:42 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I searched and there are some excellent videos out there ...one in particular that covered everything ... We are so lucky these days to have such a set up...years back to find out all I discovered today would have involved a 6 months teck course and parting with dollars...

AND although the main " client" is my daughter with aspirations for a cooking channell I am getting involved somewhat and man just so excited I can not believe....and to be taken seriously as an old man and know your advice is respected is most uplifting.

alex
Old 15-05-2024, 03:00 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

I hope it goes well Alex!
Cooking shows, I don't think there's an overflow of that but if I hear about another 4 year old who can barely speak who does un-boxing videos and makes millions of dollars I'm going to scream.
It used to be a little intelligence bought in money, that and brainless with the ability to run with a pig skin under your arm. I probably could have made a significant income racing motorbikes but health dictated otherwise so I had to rely on brain power till health dictated otherwise. I always wished I was bigger, dumber and could run fast with a football though, intelligence alone couldn't earn near what some of those meat heads get paid
Old 16-05-2024, 09:27 AM
glend (Glen)

Alex, some of your adventures over the past few years would have made excellent Utube channel content, from your Observatory build and imaging setup, to Red Car zooming, guitar lessons and busking plans, building your fishing boat from bits you modified, and your charisma with the ladies in town. Legend.
Old 17-05-2024, 05:06 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You are far as o kind Glen ...happily I have never had any desire to " write the book" telling folk how wonderful I am and how my life is so damn interesting it need be recorder...I just don't get that...some cricketer writes a book as if the world needs it...it just gets to me....

I ramble here only to be open with folk...not for any need to say look at me...

alex