Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-10-2006, 07:22 PM
batema (Mark)

Help with digital photography

I have a celestar 8 inch telescope for the school astronomy club and personally I have just purchased a Canon eos 400d. I have the attachments to the back of the scope but was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas about objects and iso and exposure times?
Old 25-10-2006, 07:33 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

G'day batema. to the group. Where abouts on the Sunshine Coast are you. I'm in Nambour and it's probably easier to see the stuff in action rather than try to describe it.
Old 26-10-2006, 04:34 PM
batema (Mark)

batema to infinity and beyond

Paul,

Thank you for responding. I live at Chancellor park and am very interested in setting up a school astronomy club at my school. I have another very keen teacher who would love to find out more info as well. It would be great to see how to do it using the canon. We also have bought for the school a Phillips toucam that we are mucking around with using registack but it is all experimental. I would be very interested in learning to eliminate a lot of wasted time as we intend on having a viewing night shortly for interested students and parents. If you are free at any time and don't mind helping that would be great. MARK.
Old 26-10-2006, 04:58 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batema
Paul,

........................ I would be very interested in learning to eliminate a lot of wasted time ............................
astronomy can be a challenge at times, especially when you have no idea of how to use your tools . i am a classic walking example of that . do a search or browse through the site and I am sure you will find some usefull information. watch Paul he could take a liking to your camera

As for the time wasting bit - 99% waste 1% awe when it comes off. be prepared for a lot of hard work for no results, then one day , bang, you nail it! you will never look back