Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-04-2023, 11:29 AM
Dilsh
Eq6r pro

Rotator for 925 edge HD

Hey brain trust,

I use my 925edge HD at it's native focal length with a QHY imaging train (m48 celstron T adaptor, QHY-medium OAG with a qhy290mm guidecam, qhy 7 slot medium filter wheel, qhy 294mm pro guidecam) and a ZWO EAF with the celestron adaptor.

I was looking into getting a rotator.

As far as I can see, I cannot connect a rotator to this image train without the rotator or filter wheel clashing with the EAF.

Has anyone got a setup with a 925edge HD without the focal reducer and using an ZWO EAF and rotator that has it all working. I want to save the cost of purchasing a moonlite or Essato. I am very happy with the focusing I am getting with the EAF.

Thanks,

Dilshan
Old 16-04-2023, 06:46 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Hi Dilshan

I do not have a solution but do note that if you are forced to go down the road of the ESATTO 2” focuser, beware that it is a tight fit on the C9.25 Edge when fitted directly to the OTA. It will only fit at a certain angle due to the proximity of the mirror locks and focus knob.

With the x0.7 Reducer, there is no problem.

I understand that PL announced a low profile ESATTO recently so I cannot comment on that.

Good luck.

Dennis
Old 16-04-2023, 11:34 PM
Dilsh
Eq6r pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Hi Dilshan

I do not have a solution but do note that if you are forced to go down the road of the ESATTO 2” focuser, beware that it is a tight fit on the C9.25 Edge when fitted directly to the OTA. It will only fit at a certain angle due to the proximity of the mirror locks and focus knob.

With the x0.7 Reducer, there is no problem.

I understand that PL announced a low profile ESATTO recently so I cannot comment on that.

Good luck.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. I saw the release for the new focuser. Might be thr ticket!

Cheers,

Dilshan