#1  
Old 03-03-2015, 12:29 PM
ags_'s Avatar
ags_ (Phil)
Registered User

ags_ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rubyvale Qld
Posts: 417
Europa & Io

Seeing was poor so only managed a few IR and I certainly enjoyed the view.
Cheers, Phil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2015-03-02-1105_2-IR.jpg)
31.6 KB192 views
Click for full-size image (2015-03-02-1115_9-IR.jpg)
32.1 KB144 views
Click for full-size image (2015-03-02-1120_7-IR.jpg)
33.6 KB131 views
Click for full-size image (2015-03-02-1123_3-IR.jpg)
5.1 KB112 views
Click for full-size image (2015-03-02-1123_8-IR.jpg)
5.0 KB78 views
Click for full-size image (2015-03-02-1124_5-IR.jpg)
5.1 KB72 views
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2015, 02:44 PM
SkyWatch (Dean)
Registered User

SkyWatch is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 391
That is pretty damn good with "poor seeing"!
I will look forward to what you can do with good seeing!!!
What equipment are you using?

- Dean
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2015, 01:31 PM
geolindon (Lindon)
Registered User

geolindon is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: touring SE Australia
Posts: 275
Thanks for posting Phil,
I have been really enjoying your photos. n jus because I am atm also enjoying Jupiter n moons, (they are bright enough even with clouds and Lune a special thanks for these wider fovs
Cheers, L
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-03-2015, 08:52 PM
ags_'s Avatar
ags_ (Phil)
Registered User

ags_ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rubyvale Qld
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWatch View Post
That is pretty damn good with "poor seeing"!
I will look forward to what you can do with good seeing!!!
What equipment are you using?

- Dean
Thanks Dean, I'm using a 14" Meade, Astrodon filters, zwo ASI174 mono camera. televue 2x or ortho 18mm. perfected collimation and careful focus. the rest is pure luck and often clear skies.
cheers, Phil.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-03-2015, 08:55 PM
ags_'s Avatar
ags_ (Phil)
Registered User

ags_ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rubyvale Qld
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by geolindon View Post
Thanks for posting Phil,
I have been really enjoying your photos. n jus because I am atm also enjoying Jupiter n moons, (they are bright enough even with clouds and Lune a special thanks for these wider fovs
Cheers, L
Cheers Lindon, I enjoy posting when I get something half decent it forces me to try and improve my skills.

Cheers, Phil.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2015, 12:10 PM
SkyWatch (Dean)
Registered User

SkyWatch is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ags_ View Post
Thanks Dean, I'm using a 14" Meade, Astrodon filters, zwo ASI174 mono camera. televue 2x or ortho 18mm. perfected collimation and careful focus. the rest is pure luck and often clear skies.
cheers, Phil.
Thanks for the info Phil,

Did you get Ganymede and Callisto last night too? First night for ages that I have been able to see Jupiter clearly: could even see detail in the GRS through my 4" scope, and it was great to see these moons in conjunction as well...

Keep up the good work.

- Dean
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2015, 07:37 PM
ags_'s Avatar
ags_ (Phil)
Registered User

ags_ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rubyvale Qld
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWatch View Post
Thanks for the info Phil,

Did you get Ganymede and Callisto last night too? First night for ages that I have been able to see Jupiter clearly: could even see detail in the GRS through my 4" scope, and it was great to see these moons in conjunction as well...

Keep up the good work.

- Dean
no imaging last night or the next few days, I'm near Yeppon on my brother in-laws place chainsaw is flat out clearing "Marcia" damage.
Very sad as there are many beautiful old gum trees down, just cutting them up and burning.2 more days should have it under control.
cheers, Phil.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-03-2015, 04:18 PM
geolindon (Lindon)
Registered User

geolindon is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: touring SE Australia
Posts: 275
Good onya Phil
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Limpet Controller
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement