Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-11-2012, 10:47 AM
steammy (Rod Otway)

Question Looking deep into the universe

We have looked 13 billion light years give or a few million i'm curious what can we see if we look 180 degrees back?

Old 13-11-2012, 11:15 AM
redbeard (Damien)

The misses, saying 'it's late', come to bed!
Old 13-11-2012, 11:24 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

You'll need to restate your question a little better...

Are you asking if we look at a different point in the sky, what we see or how far?

Basically, all directions look the same (roughly homogenous) and all directions see back to the same point in time...

Other can elaborate further (and trust me, someone will ... )
Old 13-11-2012, 11:25 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
The misses, saying 'it's late', come to bed!

Old 15-11-2012, 10:14 AM
steammy (Rod Otway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICURMT View Post
You'll need to restate your question a little better...

Are you asking if we look at a different point in the sky, what we see or how far?

Basically, all directions look the same (roughly homogenous) and all directions see back to the same point in time...

Other can elaborate further (and trust me, someone will ... )
Thanks mate enteresting
Old 15-11-2012, 10:33 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

The Hawkins model of Time-Space will start to engender an idea of the concept. Hawkins basically ascribed time-space to be a moment by moment point along a continuum, with time and space fanning out in a infinitesimally increasing cone ahead and behind the momentary point.

Given our position at that moment of the time-space contnuum, and ignoring the phyics of reversing time-space, we can only see what is BEHIND us. In essence, time travel, as everything we see/perceive has already happened, as we are at that point on the continuum, and we cannot perceive/see the future (your actual 180° when you take it into proper perspective). YET. We may at some point, but to be able to isolate a human being - either corporeal or atomic level - from the space-time continuum is impossible. Technically - IF - we could travel through time, it stands to reason that without a way to isolate the human from the STC, we could only travel BACK in time to the point of our birth, and realistically, we could only REMEMBER back to the point at which we had made the conscious decision to travel back in time, for once we pass that moment, we have forgotten what we were doing... hence, why it is an enigma within an enigma... the great space-time CONTINUUM.

That is a simplistic view of time-space, but it works well enough.

Then we factor in Einsteins general theory of relativity - E=mc˛ (assuming c - speed of light - is constant, as is currently believed, at 299792.5 km/s). Square the speed of light, factor in human mass, and behold the energy (E) required.... kinda large!So, for a given amount of Energy, and upholding that c is constant in a vacuum, you can see that MASS becomes an issue

AH, I could go on, but maybe should not.