Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2023, 05:06 PM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroJason View Post
This is a beautiful image Marcus. Love how sharp those "cosmic cliffs" are. The contrasting colours between the pink nebula and blue star cluster is a very nice combination. Top shelf stuff
Thanks very much Jason! I was very pleased with the detail and colour hues I revealed. It's been so long since I had a couple of nights of very good seeing at the same time as clear, dark and transparent sky conditions, I'd forgotten what a difference it makes!
Old 16-11-2023, 08:46 PM
AlexN
Widefield wuss

Fantastic image Marc! Despite the dramas!

You mentioned you use StarXterminator, I've been toying with this as well with a current image I'm working on, however I get horrific artefacts everywhere in the image where stars were removed and I would either have to spend the better part of a day healing them all (and destroying all the detail in the process).

I wonder if it's because I'm undersampled, or potentially something else entirely. There's not really much in the way of options to modify to try and change things...