Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2013, 07:28 PM
ryan (Australia)

Hellow everyone pls help.T.T

im a newbie based in sydney who loved to take a photo of milkyway.but the problem is i only go out by myself and sometimes i got scared. Just wanna ask someone from sydney or close to sydney who shoot milkyway that i can join to or star trails.thanks God bless
Old 15-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Hi Ryan,

Star parties are usually held once a month around new moon time and you can find a list of what parties are happening in your area in the "Star Parties, Club and Community Events" forum here.
There will be plenty of people only too happy to help you I'm sure.

IISAC astro camp which is a big event once a year was just on during the 11-13th April. Pity you missed it, I'm sure you would've had great fun.
Old 15-04-2013, 01:47 PM
rogerco (Roger)
Roger

You might consider joining the Western Suburbs Amateur Astronomy Group they are on http://wsaag.org/index.php They have meetings on low moon Saturdays at Linden in the mid Blue Mountains (about an hour from Sydney), there club nights are at Western Sydney Uni at St. Mary's (far western Sydney). A great bunch of people who are always very helpful
Old 15-04-2013, 05:39 PM
tlgerdes (Trevor)
Love the moonless nights!

Hi Ryan,

Like Roger and Suzy said, your best avenue would be to join one of the many clubs around Sydney.

The www.asnsw.com is another group that has viewing facilities just west of Richmond in the lower blue mountains and also further west at Ilford (half way between Lithgow and Mudgee).

There are get togethers around the new moon time at each site, and they have an astrophotography group that meets at Epping once a month for a show and tell night.