Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2021, 07:40 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
“Denounced” sounds like a political statement to me.

Are you trying to say climate change does not contribute to the frequency and severity of bush fires with this argument?

I think the RFS and all science are telling us climate change is making the inevitable fires worse, irrespective of the ignition source.
Hi Ray,
I went to great pains choosing my words very carefully as I always do but as you have missed my point let me state this...the problem of bush fires must grow as the temperatures continue to climb that is a given...the response by most folk is fix climate change by eliminating all fosil fuel and the problem will go away .. However we can not wait that long and the aspect to address is preventing fires from starting..and in my view folk who are concerned with climate change seem to exhibit an attitude of "I told you so" meaning that they foretold of these things and now that we see more fires it really seems, on the forum I have discussed the matter, that they are somewhat happy and to suggest that the aspect of preventing fires starting is totally ignored...now I expect my experience could be wider however I will leave anyone reading my words to think about what I say
Rather than exclude climate change as you seem to think is where I am heading I say that the very fact climate is changing and we are being affected it is time to examine more carefully the question of how fires start...my question would be does anyone rely think the problem is going to go away? Does anyone really think we will get rid of fossil fuels and return the temperatures to perhaps what they were 50 years ago? Does anyone think that addressing the aspect of human involvement a waste of time...I still believe if we eliminated humans starting fires we would be a long way ahead and also there needs to be a quicker response time and a more forceful attack on fires...AND we must get real because of climate change and it is not going away any time soon..stop all fossil fuel tomorrow ..when do you think we will see a turnaround..the day after? AND what do you think the real chances are of getting day China to stop using fossil fuel...
Anyways read my posts carefully and if you find something that hints at me holding a position that climate change is not the big factor here just show me..I will then edit dame to make it very clear my concern is about fires starting and the necessity to implement better systems of discovering a fire and stronger action in the first instance to put it out.

Alex
Old 06-10-2021, 07:46 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
If you follow Juan Browne's Utube channel (Blancolirio), he investigates every fire in his home state of California. He is a professional pilot (777s) and has a small plane he uses to over fly the fires, plot the destruction, educate people on water bombing, etc, etc. Juan lives near the Cal Fire Grass Valley air strip, where he bases his light plane.

His conclusion, in terms of the central California fires, is that most were started by "human activity". Time and time again a fire breaks out at a campground, picnic area, etc in a state park, reserve, etc.These fires then inevitably follow vegetation up water courses spreading through valleys to higher elevations. Drought is definitely a contributing factor, and some places seem to burn on a regular basis, like the recent Bridge Fire ( likely caused by a human flicking a cigarette butt out of a car).

https://youtu.be/dRV2ISr2vX4
Lets see the response to this.. as it does not suit the narrative it will not be taken into account and the man will be treated as an idiot...fires start by lightening that is the story.. and folk like this are to be ignored.

Alex
Old 06-10-2021, 10:02 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Lets see the response to this.. as it does not suit the narrative it will not be taken into account and the man will be treated as an idiot...fires start by lightening that is the story.. and folk like this are to be ignored.

Alex
Juan Browne is a highly respected aviator, ex-Air Force, knows how Cal-Fire operates, knows the folks flying the water bombers. His fire reports have detailed fire maps, wind forecasts, structures on the ground ( saved and lost), historical burnt areas, fuel loading in the areas. He explains why retardent is used in some cases and not others, why Cal-Fire cannot stop fires only serve to direct them away from populated locations when possible. Watch a few of his videos, before you jump to conclusions about what happened in California.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:12 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Juan Browne is a highly respected aviator, ex-Air Force, knows how Cal-Fire operates, knows the folks flying the water bombers. His fire reports have detailed fire maps, wind forecasts, structures on the ground ( saved and lost), historical burnt areas, fuel loading in the areas. He explains why retardent is used in some cases and not others, why Cal-Fire cannot stop fires only serve to direct them away from populated locations when possible. Watch a few of his videos, before you jump to conclusions about what happened in California.
I was trying to be sarcastic...as I said said he interferes with the narrative and so I expect he will be howled down. Finally in the observatory and of course nothing works...I expected no less
Alex
Old 13-10-2021, 01:52 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

A Multi-Dimensional Fire Challenge

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...fire-challenge
Old 13-10-2021, 02:17 PM
toc (Tim)

I thought it was space Lasers?
Old 13-10-2021, 02:19 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc View Post
I thought it was space Lasers?
Men, women, children and lightning strikes first. Then space lasers.
Old 13-10-2021, 04:13 PM
AdamJL

Yeah but who fires the space lasers?
LIZARD PEOPLE that’s who
Old 13-10-2021, 04:20 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Yeah but who fires the space lasers?
LIZARD PEOPLE that’s who
Take it from me. Amphibians are the most easy going civilisations in the universe. Can't vouch for any reptilians.