Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22-11-2015, 08:38 AM
astrobloke (Kane)

Large Observatory for Sale

I have for sale a large Observatory (6m Long x 3m Wide). It has a roll off roof that is split in 2 halves. They slide away from each other which means you can close off half a section if you wish. The observatory is fully electrically wired by an A Grade Electrician, with heaps of powerpoints. There is internal red and white lighting mounted into the walls so that you can have light with the roof on or off. This observatory can be dismantled and put onto a tandem trailer with a bit of effort. Pickup only. The roof was carefully constructed and flashed by a roof plumber using interlocking joins and flashing where the 2 halves meet. It is completely waterproof and lockable. I designed and built most of this myself. Total cost for me back then was in excess of $27,000 . The telescope gear is not for sale but I may consider throwing in the pier at no extra charge. The pier is rock solid. Very heavy wall thickness and welded to 2 adjustment plates at the base of the pier. It is gusseted and the pier is also filled with sand with a cap on top. The sand acts as a dampener to any vibration. I have looked through the Newtonian whilst kicking the pier and it stops dead instantly. I'm asking for $15,000 but I will accept reasonable offers. I live in Victoria near Geelong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0142.jpg)
201.3 KB390 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0140a.jpg)
201.2 KB369 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0148.jpg)
198.0 KB375 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0157.jpg)
201.0 KB382 views