Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Mickoid (Michael)

Jupiter in the dusk

Got myself a ZWOASI224mc off Gumtree for a good price. Had to try it out while there were still planets in the sky to photograph. This one was taken this evening at 9.00pm AEDT so the sky was still a bit light but any later and it would have been heading into trees at my location. This was a 2min video grab taken in Sharpcap using a 5x Powermate and a 8" Newt. Jupiter's shrunk to around 36 arcsecs and -2.2 mag, this will be my last planetary session for 2021.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20_59_26.jpg)
44.5 KB77 views
Old 17-12-2021, 10:17 AM
Saturnine (Jeff)

Quite a nice grab considering that Jupiter is getting lower into the murk of an evening and you were imaging at F30 !
Old 17-12-2021, 10:57 AM
Dave882 (David)

Nice shot. Glad you’ve managed to get one in before the seasons over! The 224mc is a nice little planetary camera I’m sure you’ll get some good pics going forward
Old 17-12-2021, 03:04 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave882 View Post
Nice shot. Glad you’ve managed to get one in before the seasons over! The 224mc is a nice little planetary camera I’m sure you’ll get some good pics going forward
Seems like it's going to be good Dave. Even after I dropped it on the floor, it still works, now that's what I call a well made camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
Quite a nice grab considering that Jupiter is getting lower into the murk of an evening and you were imaging at F30 !
Thanks Jeff, actually f25, my 8 inch has a focal length of 1000mm. Sure was a bit murky just after sunset yesterday, so I cranked up the gain to get a higher frame rate to maximise any good seeing. Obviously at the expense of creating more noise but hey, what's better, smooth and soft or coarse and sharp? A matter of opinion, I guess. Mine's best viewed when not zoomed in too much.