Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > DIY Observatories
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-06-2022, 05:19 PM
LonelySpoon (Neville)

wireless fob Lesvedome control

Hi all,

I've got pierre's Lesvedome system with a Velleman 110 board.

During upgrades to the layout of the components- relays, speed controls, etc- I removed my wired in manual switches.

Rather than replace them I thought I'd give the Jaycar "4-Channel Wireless Remote Control Relay with 2 Key Fobs" a go.

I find that I cannot just lay the wiring onto my relays to switch them because it looks to me that the V110 board works through switching the - lines and the WRCR works through switching the + lines.

Anyway, my feeling is that it has potential for a neat remote fob control of rotation for those that can make use of it.
Neville
Old 17-06-2022, 05:34 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

The WRCR has isolated dry relay contact outputs, the contacts can pull up or down, depending on how you wire the contacts.

Last edited by Bassnut; 17-06-2022 at 09:44 PM.
Old 19-06-2022, 08:38 AM
LonelySpoon (Neville)

Thanks Fred.
My guess is that when I kludged together my workable setup with the 110 board I've gone the wrong way for the rest of the world.

I've put it in the too hard basket for the moment, anyway.

Just thought it has the potential, since it has the relays built in, to be a useful idea for anyone not already set up.

I'll come back to it after everything else is re-installed and if necessary make adjustments with a small hammer!

Off to fly rockets in the fog, now!

Neville
Old 27-06-2022, 10:27 AM
LonelySpoon (Neville)

4 channel WRC Relay Working after a fashion

I've now successfully implemented manual control of my dome motor with the 4 channel relay & fob from Jaycar.

The trick is to feed the common from each of two channels to the motor, then tie each of the NC and NO lines together. A good diagram is here:

https://quasarelectronics.co.uk/dc-m...remote-control

BUT: I've found that if I apply power before it reaches my Velleman board, bypass everything, then add my output leads just before the motor, it almost works. Either the #1 or #2 relay click a short, not sure why, since I'd assumed the main relays would be inactive at this point.

Anyway, if you don't have something like the Lesvedome/Velleman setup, this is an easy way to control dome rotation / roof opening easily, and only about $40!

I'm going to put a DPST switch in at the battery, so I can just flick that, feed current where it is needed, go into the dome room and muck about. I'm hoping the encoder will still count any moves I make in this case.

Will let you know.

Neville
LSO