Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 24-05-2024, 03:20 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,962
Takahashi Mewlon 250 CR

I have a Takahashi Mewlon 250 CR for sale. It is in very good condition and has produced very nice images. It works well with a ZWO 2600 MM. See attached images taken by Jarrod Koh.

I am looking to sell this excellent instrument for $4000 ONO.

Please PM for interest and offers.

Revised price
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0003.jpg)
192.7 KB419 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0004.jpeg)
140.3 KB390 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0005.jpg)
191.4 KB456 views

Last edited by Paul Haese; 05-07-2024 at 04:28 PM.
  #2  
Old 26-05-2024, 10:46 AM
SpaceTas (Stefan)
Registered User

SpaceTas is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hobart Tasmania
Posts: 31
What do letters CR mean

Despite looking through takahashi sites etc I have not found out what the are the differences between the older CR model and the newer CRS model.
So what does the CR stand for?


Also, how old is this Mewlon?


Thanks
  #3  
Old 26-05-2024, 03:09 PM
Atmos's Avatar
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Atmos is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,999
There isn’t a lot of differences between the old and new Mewlon250.
The new one comes with an integrated field flattener as standard whereas it was an optional extra on the old one; it pushed it from F/12 to F/10.
The new one has four spider veins where as the old Mewlon had 3 (6 spikes as opposed to 4). As far as I’m aware the focus motor in the secondary didn’t change but the new Mewlon has a port (RS-232?) for motor control via computer as opposed to just hand controller as well as fans in the back plate.
  #4  
Old 27-05-2024, 04:56 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTas View Post
Despite looking through takahashi sites etc I have not found out what the are the differences between the older CR model and the newer CRS model.
So what does the CR stand for?


Also, how old is this Mewlon?


Thanks
As Colin has stated those would be the differences. This unit has the field corrector which is inside and fitted to the telescope. It is not on the outside of the scope. It is an f10.

I don't know what CR stands for in this context. As a guess I am inclined to think it might be corrected but I could be wrong.

I think it was made in 2010, serial number is 10035.
  #5  
Old 27-05-2024, 06:29 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)
Registered User

Hans Tucker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
As Colin has stated those would be the differences. This unit has the field corrector which is inside and fitted to the telescope. It is not on the outside of the scope. It is an f10.

I don't know what CR stands for in this context. As a guess I am inclined to think it might be corrected but I could be wrong.

I think it was made in 2010, serial number is 10035.
CR just means that the Takahashi Mewlon-300 CR Corrector has been installed into an earlier model Mewlon. In this case this scope appears to be a Mewlon 250S with 300 CR Corrector.

The newer CRS has this Corrector factory installed along with cooling fans and a new style electric secondary focuser.
  #6  
Old 31-05-2024, 11:42 AM
Equator (Joseph)
Registered User

Equator is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Singapore
Posts: 0
Still selling it?
  #7  
Old 01-06-2024, 06:23 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equator View Post
Still selling it?
Yes but I am not sending it OS for the price. Freight is extra and payment has to hit my bank prior to sending.
  #8  
Old 05-06-2024, 06:01 PM
furyz (Kristian)
Registered User

furyz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: South Brisbane
Posts: 12
Interested, I heard a lot of great things about the Mewlon scopes.

I am not finding a lot of info about the 250CR, all the links online talk about the CRS specifically.

Could you share a few more photos of the front and back of the scope?

Just trying to clarify what others have said about comparing the old and new Mewlon 250 versions... Does this one have 4 or 3 spider vanes?

Also you wouldnt happen to have the Takahashi 0.73x Reducer as well to sell with it?
  #9  
Old 05-06-2024, 08:00 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyz View Post
Interested, I heard a lot of great things about the Mewlon scopes.

I am not finding a lot of info about the 250CR, all the links online talk about the CRS specifically.

Could you share a few more photos of the front and back of the scope?

Just trying to clarify what others have said about comparing the old and new Mewlon 250 versions... Does this one have 4 or 3 spider vanes?

Also you wouldnt happen to have the Takahashi 0.73x Reducer as well to sell with it?
Three spider vanes, it does not have fans in the back of the scope you remove the outer casing for imaging and cooling. I don't have a reducer at all, The secondary focuser is via first generation hand controller.

I'll try to upload some images of the front and back of the scope in the next few days.
  #10  
Old 06-06-2024, 03:11 PM
furyz (Kristian)
Registered User

furyz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: South Brisbane
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Three spider vanes, it does not have fans in the back of the scope you remove the outer casing for imaging and cooling. I don't have a reducer at all, The secondary focuser is via first generation hand controller.

I'll try to upload some images of the front and back of the scope in the next few days.
Understood, thank you very much for the confirmation. I will do some searching and see what I can find in terms of an appropriate reducer, etc. Will get back to you if I decide to go ahead.
  #11  
Old 18-06-2024, 09:29 AM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,962
Revised price. The scope is now being offered for $4000 ONO. This represents great value.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement