Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Celestial and Astronomical Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Shasta55 (Chris)

Well I had my 4th night of comet hunting last night. This time only 10 min from home in B4 (21.52) skies. It's fading but with no moon, still conditions and E3 higher in the sky it was my best observation with my 4" refractor. With averted vision I could make out a bit of green hue in the coma and (I think) a bright center. Overall I have very much enjoyed this week and it's given me a want to get more involved in this likeable hobby.
Old 13-02-2023, 08:30 PM
EpickCrom (Joe)
Epick Crom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta55 View Post
Well I had my 4th night of comet hunting last night. This time only 10 min from home in B4 (21.52) skies. It's fading but with no moon, still conditions and E3 higher in the sky it was my best observation with my 4" refractor. With averted vision I could make out a bit of green hue in the coma and (I think) a bright center. Overall I have very much enjoyed this week and it's given me a want to get more involved in this likeable hobby.
Hi Chris and welcome to IIS

This really is the best hobby out there. You are lucky to have bortle 4 skies, enjoy! I There is so much to see and learn.

Visual astronomy is a slow learning process, learning how too "see". But it will reward your patience a thousand fold once your eyes learn to see faint objects and learn your way around the sky. Wishing you well on the awesome journey that lays ahead

Joe
Old 05-03-2023, 03:09 PM
TES (Tim)

Yes, got to see this one about 4 nights out of 5 and just with 10X50s easy to find and track. Remarkable in that it is so rare to have so many clear nights here in Brisbane in February!