Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23-10-2021, 01:43 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Late June, July, August and early September ( Winter ) were excellent for observing and imaging down at my Dark site on the South Coast NSW.I would have had at least 12 or 14 clear stable nights throughout that period.
It’s a real bummer when it all comes to a grinding halt in the first week of October. Hope November gives us at a few clear nights ahead
Cheers
Martin
Old 23-10-2021, 04:33 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well my gear is near ready and being the luckiest man around by far I can tell you next New Moon will be perfect..

Its clearing for me of course but everyone please have some...and of course around Xmas will be perfect but with xmas comitments no one will get to image I expect..but I will.
Alex
Old 23-10-2021, 08:14 PM
Startrek (Martin)

After all the Xmas family celebrations on the 25th and 26th , my wife and I will be heading south to our getaway for at least a month.The Dome will be getting a workout in the backyard every available clear night and some observing too with the 12” Goto dob in the front car bay area as well.
Old 24-10-2021, 07:32 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Hey,

I have found earth.nullschool.net very handy, it is just source files from a number of observational weather satellites.

The variables are numerous - wind/RH/particles types etc and all at different atmospheric layers. (Also sea temps, wave heights, currents etc for marine areas.)

It is very much a large scale map, but it does allow you track how fast things are moving during the day. You can see atmospheric conditions such as central Australian dust going to NZ for holidays...

While I don't let it rule my viewing, the particle indicator/RH at least has proven pretty accurate and a good indicator of possible conditions.
Old 28-10-2021, 11:13 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Looks like a break in the relentless cloudy nights in Sydney and mid east coast on Friday night
Forecast looks great
Clear from 6pm to 3am then some scattered cloud from 3am to dawn
Low humidity around 60 to 65%
Light winds out of the west
Conditions should be ok
Take advantage if you can
Monday looks promising as well ( to early to call )
Clear Skies !