Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27-11-2022, 10:18 AM
ChrisJensen (Chris)

Long Time Lurker

Hi all,

Well, the astrophotography bug bit me last year and I have been loving it ever since. Starting to feel like I have most of the basic skills in hand and now I am coming to grips with getting my backspacing really dialed in perfectly and learning about sorting out tilt in my imaging train.

I am using a TS-Optics M42 tilter and struggling a little to eliminate tilt due to the three way adjustment mechanism. I have the camera lined up with the tiler so I have control over bottom left and bottom right tilt, but the top side only has the single adjuster knob. Anyone else have success with the tilter and can pass on tips?
Old 28-11-2022, 12:21 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Welcome from me Chris.
Can you put up a photo showing your problem? I had tilt in my RASA and it went away..why?..no idea..and still got back focus issues on my 80mm..only had it four years..maybe five.. my advice is start posting your images as you will find it helpful and enjoyable...and everyone is very kind and that really helps in this game.

Alex
Old 28-11-2022, 06:52 PM
ChrisJensen (Chris)

Been using NINA aberration inspector to work out the backfocus error and tilt. I am very close to sorting it out now with a new tilt cage that can do backfocus and tilt as well with four adjustment points. That should make it a lot easier to dial in as opposed to trying to use a three point tilt plate to adjust the four corners of the image.
Old 28-11-2022, 08:05 PM
AstroViking (Steve)

+waves+

Hello Chris, welcome.

Cheers,
V
Old 29-11-2022, 08:56 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJensen View Post
Been using NINA aberration inspector to work out the backfocus error and tilt. I am very close to sorting it out now with a new tilt cage that can do backfocus and tilt as well with four adjustment points. That should make it a lot easier to dial in as opposed to trying to use a three point tilt plate to adjust the four corners of the image.
That is good to know..thanks.
Alex