Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-07-2013, 02:09 PM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDOBBER79 View Post
Thanks for the tip Malcolm. I will look for it. Hey Brent, can stellaruum work with mac as that's all I use. Tried virgo galaxy cluster again tonight after adjusting my eyes for about an hour and saw nothing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Yep, there is a Mac version.
try at www.stellarium.org

Icons along the top row for all the OS's
Even Linux is catered for
Old 19-07-2013, 03:29 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDOBBER79 View Post
Thanks for your reply, I didnt realise that not being dark adapted has such an impact, so it can make the difference between seeing objects and not seeing them at all? I think you might have hit the nail on the head. I typically sit in my loungeroom (while my scope cools down outside) looking on my computer at starcharts, UNDER A FLOURO LIGHT!!!!! and then I go outside and look in my eyepiece. I clearly have a lot to learn. I just tonight got my copy of "turn left at orion" and go figure, it backs up your storySo, should i be sitting outside in the dark for a half hour before looking in the scope? Maybe, I will try this tonight. What are these globs and nebulae in sagittarius you speak ofThanks again
Hi buddy.Sometimes putting a towel or similar over your head and ep can help to dramatically increase contrast so these dsos stand out more cleary.I know this can sound a bit drastic but it WORKS.Cheers and keep perservering.