Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30-10-2006, 02:44 PM
M110 (Andrew)

First post. and collimation qustion.

Greetings from Way Downunder, Hobart. I currently have a Nextar 80GTL and am thinking of upgrading to something better. I have provided a link to ask if anyone has any experince with collimating one of these. And also do you think it would be a good upgrade? And what about price, do you think I could knock them down a little?
Here'a the link
http://www.telescopes.com/products/h...ope-43326.html
Cheers for now
Andrew
Old 30-10-2006, 03:30 PM
astro_nutt

Bravo Andrew!!!..and I think I'll someone else collimate an RC design!!!...Oh!.. if money's no object..how about a Takahashi FS-152 mated to a EM-200 Temma-2....hey!..I can dream can't I!!
Cheers!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 PM
stephenmcnelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by M110
I have provided a link to ask if anyone has any experince with collimating one of these. And also do you think it would be a good upgrade? And what about price, do you think I could knock them down a little?
Andrew
Mate, i doubt if even Nasa could colimate that telescope properly Apparently that model was beset with optical problems from the start but they sorted it out eventually , so i would try before i buy...

Who knows, you just might get one for a keen price at auction in the future And i reckon everyone of us space cadets would put their hand up to help you collimate it
Old 08-11-2006, 10:56 PM
M110 (Andrew)

I laughed so hard when I saw it there when I was radomly surfing looking scope prices. I thought people here would get a laugh too. Especially the price