Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-06-2022, 11:14 AM
the_blacke (Ross)

Celestron AVX Mount plus extras

For sale is a near new Celestron AVX mount. I got it as part of a trade, owner had only set it up once. I've used it a few times just to get a feel for it, but I'm getting a dome set up so I only really have room for one mount so this is the one I'll be parting with.

In addition to the mount itself, it comes with a 240v power supply to power it, and an ADM replacement dual saddle (not fitted, still in its bag) worth around $300 depending on the exchange rate on the day. I can also include a telescope cover that you can throw over it if you have a passing shower and don't want to pack everything up.

I have used this mount with an Asiair Pro and can confirm that the AAP drives it just fine once you follow the instructions for aligning the mount. I tested it out with an 8" Edge HD guided with an OAG and guiding wise, 10 minutes subs were solid. (Unfortunatly I've got a tilt/focus/back focus issue with that rig so the stars are demented, but not in a bad guiding way!)

I'll attach some pics later today.

Summary: Mount + 2 x counterweights + adm dual saddle + power supply + cover.

Looking for $1500. Buying new would set you back over $2,000.

Pickup is Eltham North, Vic. Shipping can probably be worked out, at buyer's cost.

Last edited by the_blacke; 23-07-2022 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Withdrawn - nobody interested