Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > ATM and DIY Projects
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-03-2024, 10:49 AM
bojan
amateur

Idea for tilter for EOS camers, to compensate for sensor tilt..

Since I have a small tilt issue with my Canon 60D now, after IR filter removal (~20-25 /um, it was not easy to put the sensor tilt screws back in precisely the same position), I came up with idea how to sort it out without dismantling the camera again and without putting a too big hole in my budget..

The solution is to modify existing T2-EOS adapter (from ebay) to allow tilt.
All I need to do is to widen a hole in outer ring (with EOS adapter), and to add a collar (and glue it) on inner ring (with T2 thread).

Such new, enlarged adapter insert has to be machined (add curvature on outer edge) to allow tilting and three M3 threads need to be added on the bottom side for tilt adjustment.
Also, something elastic (rubber ring? steel spring?) needs to be inserted to allow precise adjustment for those couple of 1/10's of mm.

EDIT:
Of course, the simpler solution is to add suitable shims between insert and outer ring, with just a small reduction in insert ring diameter (0.2~3 mm to allow for tilt).
This solution is better for smaller tilt adjustment.. I will have to check first with shims between camera and adapter (bayonet)
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (c_67.jpg)
35.0 KB7 views
Click for full-size image (c_68.jpg)
16.5 KB11 views
Click for full-size image (c_69.jpg)
28.2 KB10 views
Click for full-size image (c_86.jpg)
206.8 KB9 views

Last edited by bojan; 20-03-2024 at 04:46 PM.