Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2010, 12:05 PM
adref (Matthew)

greetings from Canberra

Hello, all.

My name's Matthew, but I normally go by the internet pseudonym Adref. I live in Canberra, and have only recently truly got into astronomy (despite having a mild interest for ages), using my binoculars to look at the sky for interesting things for around half a week, when I decided to buy a telescope.
I ended up getting a Altaz mounted 70mm retractor telescope by a company called Celestron. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it yet since last night, the only night i have had it was relatively cloudy. So I've been using the time to learn as much as i can about the technical aspect; how to observe properly, how to identify the constellations, how to calculate magnification, etc. Hence my reason in joining this forum.

I look forward to learning about astronomy through this forum, which appears to be of a reasonable standard of community attitude and expertise.

--Adref
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 PM
noswonky (Peter)

Welcome. Hope the sky clears soon.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM
torana68 (Roger)

[QUOTE=adref;641459]Hello, all.

My name's Matthew, but I normally go by the internet pseudonym Adref. I live in Canberra, and have only recently truly got into astronomy

Hey ,
The local astronomy club is fairly active you should seek them out. weather here has been pretty bad for a while, good for farmers so Im not complaining.