Old 18-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Low profile M54 to M48 for MPCC???

Hi all,

I am getting frustrated with this so I thought I would ask here....re getting my MPCC connected to the DSLR and reaching focus with Skywatcher 8" scope.

I know I can mod my 2" adaptor on my Skywatcher by cutting it down and tapping new grub screw holes, but then I have to ream out the internal adaptor that screws onto the end of the focuser tube...(Brendan Mitchell's solution).

I have given up on the long screws idea as the mirror slops over and causes collimation and coma issues and I havent been getting good focus or star images....

Now I have found an adaptor from Germany here which replaces the focuser adaptor so that a 2" eyepiece fits straight onto the focuser without the silly 50mm long Skywatcher dovetail ended adaptor, but this is $40 Euro and $40 Euro delivery....basically $100 AUD for an adaptor???

I've worked out that the internal thread of the focuser tube is M54 female, meaning that I need an M54 MALE end.

On the end of the MPCC is an internal thread to accept 2" filters, something I dont know is whether this is technically an M48 female thread??? some web searching seems to indicate that 2" filters ARE M48 threaded?

I assume then that if I can find a LOW profile, M54 MALE to M48 MALE threaded adaptor, I could then screw this onto the end of the focuser tube, screw the M48 Male end into the FRONT of the MPCC, then the BACK of the MPCC into the T-ring for the camera and all would work as my camera would be about 2 inches closer to the primary mirror and no longer screws would be needed.....

Sound feasible?

If so, does anyone know of an M54 MALE to M48 MALE adaptor? This could be one at the same place, but its the same price, so I am in the same boat? http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/...ergewinde.html EDIT: Nope, this aint gunna work anyway, looking at it again, its a Male M54 to female M48.....damn.

I cant find one locally......GRRRRR

I thought a QHY9 to filter wheel adaptor might work, but it doesnt look right....

Help?

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by Screwdriverone; 18-01-2012 at 07:38 PM.