Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-05-2024, 05:37 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

My new look....

Well let me start at the beginning...
I have ordered a new guitar..a carbon fibre unit with a built in speaker/amp job that is simply fantastic ...really works and has built in effects etc programmable via your phone...magic..runs without need of an external amp or foot pedals and perfect for busking

So I have one last thing on my bucket list and that is to busk at least once in my life ... So this guitar makes it totally doable . .it plays a backing track thru the guitar and that means I can do improvised leads until the cows come home...for the audience instant originals..for me sorta just practice and absolutely no pressure ...there will be a cup or tin for donations that will go to the Cancer Council... won't be much but it may help awareness for someone...

However over the last couple of days my hair and beard is falling out ...as was to be expected because of the chemotherapy treatment...today I shave it all off to simply stop the mess of hair everywhere....

But my image ...my busking image needs attention...so to make it fun I Ordered a rock and roll wig just now that comes with sleeve tattoos to make it all a bit of fun and show adversity vis no more than a state of mind ...

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20240515_034502.jpg)
83.6 KB91 views
Old 15-05-2024, 05:46 AM
leon

Wow Alex this i have to see, go on ya mate, the things you do still amazes me.

So where is this going to happen and I wish i lived closer so I could be your first audience.

Good luck with it all and I'm sure you will be a rock star

Leon
Old 15-05-2024, 08:41 AM
OzEclipse (Joe Cali)

Kinda hard to imagine you not rocking the mountain man look. I hope the amp "goes up to 11."

Enjoy and best wishes with your recovery.

Joe
Old 15-05-2024, 08:55 AM
EpickCrom (Joe)
Epick Crom

Hi Alex!

All I can say is... Rock On !!
Old 15-05-2024, 09:12 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Awesome, hopefully you will get some pictures of the event and show us Alex

I'm batching while Angie is away for a few days in Brisbane, so in anticipation of your forthcoming photos of a hairy street side rocker and because I know you like pictures of food, here is my dinner last night, think like a Pie Floater ...it was an Asian style egg flower, chicken and corn, noodle soup (not too much broth), toped with party pies

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Pie and noodles.jpg)
139.4 KB35 views
Old 15-05-2024, 09:24 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
Driving slowly through the Main Street of Tabby in your hot red Mazda coupe and a carbon fibre guitar laying on the seat next to you , folk will think Wow who’s this guy , must be some really famous rock star from interstate ?
Theres not much you can’t do mate , but what you can do is inspire us to do better
Great stuff and hope you enjoy banging out some riffs on that guitar , oh and some clear nights ahead too

Best
Martin
Old 15-05-2024, 09:53 AM
JA

Go get 'em Alex

Best
JA
Old 15-05-2024, 12:10 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Wow Alex this i have to see, go on ya mate, the things you do still amazes me.

So where is this going to happen and I wish i lived closer so I could be your first audience.

Good luck with it all and I'm sure you will be a rock star

Leon
The guitar ships at end of month ..but I keep seeing videos of it and this thing is beyond perfect and so I am getting so hot for it ai cant stand it ..
AND...I have moved up to the main house and happily experienced a great improvement in my health ..not coughing perhaps due to getting out of the fog pea soup at the van ...like even in the van there is fog and here is me with damaged lungs...but my point as yet another up side is Sandy Hates my guitar playing ( think how many years that took��) so I must play quiet..not plugged in and still quiet...the effect on my playing is unbelievable...gone from zero to hero and I expect when the new guitar arrives it will wll come to together in a spectacular fashion such that it should sound reasonable...well it will.

Thanks Leon I wish you could be by my side for sure.

I have today set up to film the thing and go for a youtube video and heck one never knows if I have the luck that is my usual can compliment then maybe the video could get some milage and generate more money for the Cancer Foundation...
Old 15-05-2024, 12:25 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks to all for your wonderful support...
I sincerely appreciate it.

Chemo yesterday and happily no negative side effects...I have the nurses listening to my stories, takes etc with genuine interest and I can see my way of inspiring folk to turn adversity into triumph does not fall on deaf ears.

The first young nurse I ever saw here saw me in the waiting room and came rushing out..."I needed a break and was so happy to see you here"...I had given him a uplifting type chat as I do when we first met so he seems to like my positive attitude...but he shares all his news and it made me so happy to figure in his world.

AND the other nurses I can tell were inspired that I turned all adversity into adventure and a positive outcome...needless to say all were happy about the busking thing and bringing attention to cancer suffering...

AND as I said to a nurse today...I would not change my life for anyone elses because I can not imagine that anyone could be more happy than I find myself each minute of every day and every night.

alex
Old 15-05-2024, 12:29 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Awesome, hopefully you will get some pictures of the event and show us Alex

I'm batching while Angie is away for a few days in Brisbane, so in anticipation of your forthcoming photos of a hairy street side rocker and because I know you like pictures of food, here is my dinner last night, think like a Pie Floater ...it was an Asian style egg flower, chicken and corn, noodle soup (not too much broth), toped with party pies

Mike
I am eating so well...last night I had half a box of Cadbury's Roses Chocolate...I could not stop...so I had every one...

alex
Old 15-05-2024, 01:33 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I am eating so well...last night I had half a box of Cadbury's Roses Chocolate...I could not stop...so I had every one...

alex
Life is like that...or so said Forrest Gump
Old 15-05-2024, 02:30 PM
AstroViking (Steve)

Well done, Alex.

You know we want photos of you in the wig, with the sleeves on, right? You can't tease us like this!
Old 15-05-2024, 02:55 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

I'd offer you some of my hair and beard but the hair is going thin on the crown and I need the beard to pull up over the sides and tie over the thin patch. I tell people it's a tie over because comb overs are so 80s.
My hair is down to my @rse, my beard to my navel.
Barbers and razors are so over rated.

I hope you're feeling a little better and the prawn you coughed up was a prawn?
Old 15-05-2024, 03:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

For those who are interested in the guitar here is one of many videos that cover the amazing guitar... There are plenty and each one has the opportunity to to tell you something more.

https://youtu.be/-i4oXx_enK0?si=aglsM3dD9l6f_L8w

alex
Old 15-05-2024, 05:45 PM
Crater101 (Warren)
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
For those who are interested in the guitar here is one of many videos that cover the amazing guitar... There are plenty and each one has the opportunity to to tell you something more.

https://youtu.be/-i4oXx_enK0?si=aglsM3dD9l6f_L8w

alex

...and for a moment I thought that was you in the video! Looks like a nice bit of kit Alex. I'm more of an acoustic player (I'm not a virtuoso by any means...) and own a couple of resonators. That one looks intriguing though, I'd heard of them but hadn't seen one until the video.

Busking should be a breeze - no pedals or amps to worry about. Let us know how much money you make! All the best!
Old 15-05-2024, 08:29 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Warren.. mmmm resonators... love them but dont have one.
My favourite is fretless 3 string cigar box slide guitar E tuned...thru the amp peels the paint off the wall...

alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 15-05-2024 at 09:39 PM.
Old 16-05-2024, 05:54 PM
Crater101 (Warren)
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Hi Warren.. mmmm resonators... love them but dont have one.
My favourite is fretless 3 string cigar box slide guitar E tuned...thru the amp peels the paint off the wall...

alex

I have two resonators - a spider cone in Open D, and a biscuit in open G. Love that sound...

Fretless 3 string huh? Seen this...?
https://justinjohnsonstore.com/colle...-shovel-guitar
Old 17-05-2024, 01:30 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater101 View Post
I have two resonators - a spider cone in Open D, and a biscuit in open G. Love that sound...

Fretless 3 string huh? Seen this...?
https://justinjohnsonstore.com/colle...-shovel-guitar
I sure have...I have been a fan of his for years...I came close to buying one of his shovels...

I often put him on and play along... He is rather easy to play along with

Waiting for the new guitar us just too much...I lay down at night to sleep and find myself composing composing composing....I hear it like it is in my hands right now...and I keep seeing more and more videos featuring the new guitar...

I ran into one where the guy just explored the effects and so over the top which was like a kid screwing around making sounds you just could never use and I could not turn it off...

AND of late I seem to be playing just all day..quiet as but my style has improved just so much...so I am hoping for big things with a light touch and a decent sound available...

alex
Old 17-05-2024, 11:55 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

OK sneak preview...both the cap and wig are of exceptional quality and I am very very impressed.

The deal is I will tidy the wig after the hair is gone but I can see it all will work fine....so damn happy ...worth twice the money for the joy generated.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20240517_112324_resize_79.jpg)
151.3 KB35 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20240517_112503_resize_44.jpg)
185.7 KB37 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 17-05-2024 at 12:07 PM.
Old 17-05-2024, 12:44 PM
leon

Bloody hilarious, I had a good laugh Alex, enjoy mate.

Leon