Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Dennis G
Dennis G

Dmk - Computer Control

Checkingout the DMK 21 mono imager in daylight AVI recording, as per the Iceman’s suggestion, I’m confused with a number of Tool Bar controls, which the brief HELP section doesn’t fully explain. Having read Mike’s Planetary imaging with the Toucam and the DMK 21, twice, as a check, there are a number of items in the tool bars that are not clear. Until I master the imager I’m not concerned with colour and at the price of $439 plus $15 postage for a set of Astronomiks filters from Bintel, it makes colour a serious problem!
  • De Bayering
  • The Icon with a number of coloured squares and 3 commands. The last, Edge Sensing, which is ticked
  • Hot Key
  • External trigger
  • Under the clock Icon, the Advanced command, Capture one frame out of – Does this drop poor frames automatically
  • Saving the AVI, you have the option of BMP or JPG compressed. I’m aware of using BMP as per Mike’s articles. Although this command was not ticked All AVI saved in the test series are JPG .
The only daylight objects with any distance using a 2x Barlow, are viewed from our living room through 5 mm glass and across water. Closest being one km and then 8 to 14 km. Poor atmospherics and strong wind made it difficult, but a number of stationary objects produced better detail with less noise than similar recordings with the Toucam. All one needs now is a clear night.
Old 31-07-2008, 01:53 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi Dennis
Can you post a screenshot of the IC Capture screen? Do you know how to take a screenshot and then save it for web and upload it here as you do with your moon images?

Debayering is for colour cameras - i'm guessing it's greyed out now?
Old 31-07-2008, 01:55 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

In this article, about 1/3 of the way down under the "Preparing to Capture the Data" heading, there's 3 screenshots there with what my IC Capture looks like.

Is that what you're seeing?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Dennis G
Dennis G

Iceman mike, may be my questions have confused you. I get the same windows as shown in your article and I will add a picture in Beginners section so that you can see the results that I got from the first recording tests. The questions I asked covered items that I do not undertstand and may be I don't need to worry about them as they don't appear to be used in your recordings. Thanks for your reply.