Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Dennis G
Dennis G

Help needed for preparing to use a DMK 21 CCD imager

I've ordered a DMK21 AU04 mono CCD imager. It will arrive with software and not being a full bottle with computers I would appreciate help to set up the computer . Is there a member of IIS who can give me instructions how to prepare the unit and install the software?
I 'm using a Toshiba laptop with an added gig plus the original smaller memory and Windows XP. I've used the computer successfully with the Toucam.
Old 20-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Matty P (Matt)
Star Struck

Hi Dennis,

I found it very easy to install the nessesary drivers and software for my DMK. I got it all installed and working in under 5 minutes.

I'm positive that some instructions are included so you should have no problems getting it all installed and working. If I can remember, you will have to connect the DMK to the computer first, then install the drivers. Once that is finished, all you have to do is install IC Capture and you are done.

If you have any problems (I'm sure you wont) just let us know.

Congrats and I'm looking for for your first images.
Old 20-07-2008, 09:03 PM
wmzaphod
Optically Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis G View Post
I've ordered a DMK21 AU04 mono CCD imager. It will arrive with software and not being a full bottle with computers I would appreciate help to set up the computer . Is there a member of IIS who can give me instructions how to prepare the unit and install the software?
I 'm using a Toshiba laptop with an added gig plus the original smaller memory and Windows XP. I've used the computer successfully with the Toucam.

Yep, it's a snap to setup and get started
Old 21-07-2008, 06:34 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi Dennis.

Just follow the instructions and you shouldn't have any problems.

Don't plug the camera in until it tells you to. Put the CD in, install:
1) the driver
2) the software (IC Capture)

During one of those (probably 1) it will tell you to plug the camera in. It will then recognise it and set it up for use.

Then just start IC Capture and play around during the day time. Shine a light into the DMK to see the live preview changing to make sure it's delivering data to the laptop.

Practise recording etc.

good luck!
Old 21-07-2008, 09:15 PM
coldspace

You will love the IC capture software, I use the Imaging source video converter with IC capture with my video system, it is an excellent piece of software.

Matt
Old 22-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Dennis G
Dennis G

You live at the end of the earth with no one to ask and the friendly helpfull replies to one's questions roll in. All amatrur astronomers should join IIS. The exchange of information is mind boggling! After reading the replies from Iceman, Monoxide, Renormalised,Matty P, Wnzaphod and all who kindly gave their time, I thank you one and all.