Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18-01-2011, 09:50 AM
NewinWA (Brendan)

Smile Hello every one

Hello how is everyone today ??

Just thought i would say hi and introduce my self and give a little about me i have just moved to WA from Sydney and have always had an interest in the night sky and what she has to offer but with my previous life style in Sydney and working i never found the time to pursue it well since i moved here the place i moved into i happened to find a telescope sitting up it the roof still in its box i am assuming some one just for got about it or just didn't want it http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/....es/happy19.gif (Gold for me) so now with my new career path i have ample time to search the heavens above and discover i am so looking forward to it http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/....es/happy19.gif Ive been searching your forums and discovered a wealth of knowledge here and i am sure i will learn a lot from you guys any who just wanted to say hi hope to chat to you all again soon http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/..../winking70.gif

Hey just curious is there anyone else in Geraldton ?

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/....c/progress.gif http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/....ttons/edit.gif
Old 18-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Liz

Brendan. Lucky you in WA, they seem to have had the best of the skies this year, so hopefully nice and clear for you to cruise around for beautiful astronomical sights.
What kind of scope do you have?
Old 18-01-2011, 12:55 PM
NewinWA (Brendan)

hi Liz the skys have been clear the scope i have is a
Celestron Astromaster 130EQ Telescope i found it still in the box when we moved in hehe i cant wait to set it up and start looking above
Old 18-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Paddy (Patrick)
Canis Minor

Hi Brendan,

What a find! Hope you have a lot of fun with it and with this wonderful forum. Welcome!
Old 18-01-2011, 06:44 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Brendan and , What a good find
There are around half a dozen members in Geraldton
Just keep your eyes on this site they come on now and again
Cheers
Old 18-01-2011, 06:47 PM
NewinWA (Brendan)

HI guys and thanks for the warm welcome wow other members in Geraldton nice would love to catch up with a few and learn how to use this thing lol
Old 18-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Blue Skies (Jacquie)
It's about time

There sure are a couple of Geraldton people here. Just give them a bit of time to realise you're here! Osirisra and Glenhuon are the two I can think of but I think there might be a couple more.
Old 19-01-2011, 01:58 AM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Welcome Brendon, you should have nice skies there especially out of town a bit, plenty of open country. I hope to get up there one day only 4 hour drive.
Old 19-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Osirisra (Ken)
Dead God

G'day Brendon!

A fellow Geraldton member!!! I am in the process of trying to form a group of sorts here for get togethers, viewing nights and maybe even run some public and school viewing sessions. Where abouts do you live? I would be all to happy to help you with your scope
Old 19-01-2011, 02:01 PM
NewinWA (Brendan)

hey ken hows things yeah ive been searching google trying to find a local group with no luck would love to get one going as for me im up in sunset beach and yes i would appreciate any help you can offer with regards to teh scope i think i will actually take it out of the box tonight or tomorrow night cant wait