Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Baobab (Bohdan)

C68

Not as good as magnificent piece from Malcolm posteed a few days ago as I suck at postprocesing but it is what it is. Plus I think that whatever I do I have always stars too burned out so I am doing reshoot with shorter time 2 mins instead of 3 and 5 I did on this one.
As much as I love convenience of ASIAIR it's camera setting doesn't give you much options so I might try something line NINA one day.
Or if somebody is using ASI533MC here with ASIAIR and has some advice or solution for me I am all ears

~90x3minutes lingts
15x3m darks
ASI533MC + svbony UHC filter
TS94EDPH @F4.4
AZ-EQ5
APP and AffinityPhoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (C68-2.jpg)
201.0 KB49 views
Old 16-08-2021, 03:57 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

HI Bohdan,

This one looks to me like it is a bit soft which usually means either some dew or perhaps some focus shift during the imaging session (or really bad conditions). But I agree star saturation is quick in these ultra sensitive cmos cameras! No harm in mixing it up a bit to see how it goes.

Keep them coming - good stuff.

Russ
Old 16-08-2021, 06:07 PM
Baobab (Bohdan)

Hi Russ, hmmm - there were some clouds ruining my day for an hour or so - it looks like I didn't get all of the affected subs - one get tired pretty soon going through 100+ of them and with using shorter times means much more of them to sieve through <groan.../>
Old 16-08-2021, 08:16 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baobab View Post

~90x3minutes lingts
15x3m darks
ASI533MC + svbony UHC filter
TS94EDPH @F4.4
AZ-EQ5
APP and AffinityPhoto
Hi Baobob,

I am curious regarding the UHC filter. I use an SVBony CLS filter, but this filter is limited to when I can use it. I tried using a filter to take this nebula, but it didn't work for me. So now I simply use no filter at all.

Light pollution though will restrict what you are going to image and as a dark nebula region, you need to get as much data as possible without the noise of long exposures.

My experience with dedicated cameras is limited, I hope one day to be able to buy one, but if there is anyone that has a method of taking it with a filter, then I am also all ears.

You have managed to get a better transition of colour compared to mine as mine is very blotchy.

Overall good attempt and I think the processing is difficult, and I have been trying for over 10 years now, so don't give, you have the right gear.
Old 17-08-2021, 12:52 AM
Baobab (Bohdan)

Thank you Malcolm for the kind words, this is my first attempt to wrestle dark nebulae so I guess I am bound to do some wrong steps. I used UHS as Moon even though quite thin was positioned wey close to Corona to my liking but you're right in the hindsight I should try either none or just a UV filter to keep stars at bay. I love my ASI533 dearly but I fight star size all the time. I probably need to do some calibrating session where I take a range of times from shortest to longest and try to make some sense out of it. So far I am not touching gain and having it at 100 all the time so maybe that will be the next step too to try different settings for it too.
Fortunately this hobby is not a sprint and stars won't go anywhere so I will try again and again.