Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-02-2011, 09:45 PM
GPC (Glenn)

Smile My first Pic!

Hi all, i have been playing with my scope and trying to learn as much as i can from the web and books on astronomy, and last night decided to attend an astronomy club public viewing night. It was amazing to be around so many great scopes and people that were more than happy to help out with the learning process. While i was there i decided to try and take a pic through my scope with my digital camera. It prob looks pretty daggy to any of the more experienced out there but i was quite impressed with how it turned out considering i used a normal digital camera held up to my eyepiece. Anyway i just wanted to share my pic with everyone.

Taken with a cannon powershot A75 camera, using my 70mm x 900mm refractor using my 20mm eyepiece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Moon 20-02-2011.JPG)
57.3 KB103 views
Old 21-02-2011, 09:50 PM
batema (Mark)

How good is that. Well done and it doesn't matter what others think it's what you think. Every one has to start somewhere and I think you have made a great start.

Mark
Old 21-02-2011, 10:00 PM
M54 (Molly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Hi all, i have been playing with my scope and trying to learn as much as i can from the web and books on astronomy, and last night decided to attend an astronomy club public viewing night. It was amazing to be around so many great scopes and people that were more than happy to help out with the learning process. While i was there i decided to try and take a pic through my scope with my digital camera. It prob looks pretty daggy to any of the more experienced out there but i was quite impressed with how it turned out considering i used a normal digital camera held up to my eyepiece. Anyway i just wanted to share my pic with everyone.

Taken with a cannon powershot A75 camera, using my 70mm x 900mm refractor using my 20mm eyepiece.
Thanks for sharing that Glenn, but watch out, I've heard it's a very slippery slope once you start on the astrophotography path.

I love viewing nights and star parties. Good decision to attend one. Are you going to join the local astro club (or maybe you've already done that). It's like discovering Atlantis.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:02 AM
desler

Ah Glenn, nice first pic! and the slippery slope starts!

Darren
Old 24-02-2011, 08:08 AM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Good first attempt
Old 24-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Jaybee76 (Jason)

Nice one Glenn!

I am brand-new to astronomy, have recently purchased my first scope, and have tried my hand at holding my camera to the EP whilst looking at the moon...

... didn't turn out nearly as good as yours

Thanks for the inspiration to have another crack!
Old 27-02-2011, 08:22 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

This is my first crack. Celestron CPC925 and a Fuji S2 pro at prime focus. Still a little movement there unfortunately. I have not quite matched it since between weather and just not quite managing to get it right!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ter/nebula.jpg
Old 27-02-2011, 09:33 PM
CarlJoseph (Carl)

Great job Glenn. You too Paul.