Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Zephod (Luke Williams)

A big thank you for the warm welcome MAS.

Just thought i'd like to say thank you to John(Astronut) and Debbie & Chris of the Macarthur Astronomical Society for the warm welcome and invite out to their members observation night on Sat 26th of February.

I felt out of place at first haha turning up with my mediocre basic equipment of a 5" scope while everyone around me was using goto's and photographing but the warm welcome I much appreciated as well as the abundance of knowledge and information provided to me by all on the night has helped me put down to paper with a budget which parts to get to get myself set up and started at the base level of astrophotography.

It was a blast and enjoyable night even being given the information in regards to the motorised guiding was much welcomed information thank you again guys I look forward to joining you again as a member myself and with better equipment soon.

Luke(Zephod)
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 AM
astronut (John)
2'sCompany3's a StarParty

It was our pleasure Luke.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 AM
bananarama (Deb)

I am glad you enjoyed the night, Luke. It is always a joy to introduce enthusiasts to the benefits of joining a club. Like you, it took me about 25 years to join a club and the benefits to me have been extremely rewarding. I look forward to seeing you at the next MAS meeting.

BTW, there is no such thing as 'mediocre basic equipment'.