Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2012, 09:12 PM
dan_b85 (Dan)

So where' does Venus go

All new to this space and stars thing, I've always looked up and thought about it but not as real as now, getting a telescope to go with my jack daddy camera next month, cars are more my things,

So with the transit of Venus I semi get that, and I have been watching it at night so I no it won't be there again, so does that mean I won't get to see Venus at night again?or in 3 or so years will it be visible at night again?

Basic I no but I'm new
Dan
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Blue Skies (Jacquie)
It's about time

It's just changing sides of the Sun as we see it, so in a week or so it will be in the morning sky, where it will be visible until early next year. Jupiter will be be near by around the end of June so the two brightest planets will be together for a couple of weeks before Jupiter keeps going up and Venus stays close to the horizon (and Sun).
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 PM
dan_b85 (Dan)

Aww yes, I semi had an idea but that makes it clearer
Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM
andyc (Andy)

And by next winter into spring (July/Aug 2013), Venus will be back in the evening sky, having gone all the way round the back of the Sun (early April 2013) from our perspective. It'll be an evening planet from about July 2013 until late December 2013. Then it dives back into the morning sky once again, appearing there in late January 2014, having once again passed between Earth and Sun, but this time not directly in front of the Sun!