Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
inferno

Red face Novocastrians please help

Hi guys i have been actively viewing this forum for the past month or two and i am really getting into the hobby of astronomy. I am asking anyone from Newcastle or the the surrounding suburbs to please give me a hand and show me the ropes.
I would like to thank Jarod who is a member of this board for helping set up my eqIII mount (all by typing to each other)and he explained it to me simply and very practically, and now i just have to figure out how to use it...lol

I have a 114x500 tele and i am hoping people can show me or explain the wonders of the night sky.
I am not available every night as dog watch is a pain in the butt but anyone with some spare time and loves getting out in their back yard please pm me. My scope is very transportable and i just need a few pointers to view the heavens at their finest.

Thanking you
chris
Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi Chris

Have you contacted the NAS (newcastle astronomical society)?

They have viewing nights and meetings and I know a lot of them personally. They're great folk and will definitely be keen to help you out.
Old 13-04-2008, 08:55 AM
venus (Lydia)
AstroNan

Hi Chris, yes,what iceman said. Most welcome to attend the NAS meetings and viewing nights. Just bring yourself along, there are plenty of friendly members that will help you with your interest in astronomy.
website here with directions and maps... http://www.nas.org.au

Lydia Macokatic
NAS Publicity Officer