Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2022, 06:48 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

294mc pro condensation issues

Hi guys

Not sure if it's the humidity in Melbourne but my camera has started to show condensation on the sensor I have verified it is on the sensor by careful observation. I have spare dessicant tablets that are quire old but were unused but they havent helped even after swapping them over I'm still getting condensation on the sensor, it only goes away at 8 degrees c and above I am also microwaving the original ones as instructed on the zwo website, still getting condensation. Gonna try a few more things like very slow cooling to see if that sorts it. In the meantime I've ordered some fresh dessicants and will replace them as soon as they arrive. Anyone got any tips? I can easily cool it to -5 as the ambient temp is still good enough to go that low but the condensation is unacceptable at the moment.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:44 PM
sunslayr (David)

Sounds like it could be a leak. Check there is no dirt on the o-rings sealing the camera. You could also try putting the camera in a plastic box filled with desiccant like those boxes for dehumidifying rooms with the camera just open slightly and leave it for 30 mins or so, then quickly sealing it up while its in the box. I used to do that for a camera with no desiccant inside and it seemed to work.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:24 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunslayr View Post
Sounds like it could be a leak. Check there is no dirt on the o-rings sealing the camera. You could also try putting the camera in a plastic box filled with desiccant like those boxes for dehumidifying rooms with the camera just open slightly and leave it for 30 mins or so, then quickly sealing it up while its in the box. I used to do that for a camera with no desiccant inside and it seemed to work.
I checked the O ring and gave it a clean I'll try the dessicant box idea
Old 12-01-2022, 08:40 PM
Kuz

Just had the same problem Nik withmy 294 pro had a big blob in the middle of the my image . I think mine was caused by 35 degrees and humidity. Ran fine at minus 5 . Took out tablets 2 minutes in microwave and fixed . Although I now go to zero degrees first than minus 5 and than minus 10 . But also bought new tablets just today just incase . More money
Old 12-01-2022, 10:59 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Are you stepping down to the lower temps & not trying to go to sub-zero temps directly?
Old 13-01-2022, 12:06 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
Are you stepping down to the lower temps & not trying to go to sub-zero temps directly?
I normally go straight down but this has only started with the much warmer weather I have to try the stepdown method I think.