Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18-12-2021, 12:24 PM
ad602000 (Pete)
L plates

celestial globe

not sure if this is the right category. For sale is an astronomical collectible;

TORICA'S TRANSPARENT CELESTIAL GLOBE, Tokyo, 1963
A 13.3/8-inch (34cm.) diameter transparent plastic celestial sphere made up of two hemispheres, the equatorial graduated in degrees, the ecliptic graduated in days of the month, the eighty-eight constellations' names moulded on the inside of the sphere with stars to four orders of magnitude, binary stars, variables, novae, star clusters and nebulae, many in yellow, many labelled with Greek letters, also showing the solstices, the equinoxes, the Path of the North Pole, and other details, with a removable section with the MAGNITUDES & DEEP-SKY OBJECTS, the interior of the sphere with an approx. 3.1/8-inch (8cm.) diameter terrestrial globe fixed on a steel axis and made up of twelve chromolithographed paper gores, the equatorial and two meridians graduated in degrees, the ecliptic graduated but unlabelled, the continents with nation states shaded in green and yellow, the ecliptic North Pole of the celestial sphere with turning knobs for two wire arms within, one with a red sun-ball, the other with a yellow moon ball, the exterior with graduated moulded plastic hour dial, meridian circle and horizon ring, also with a movable papered and graduated steel altitude indicator, fixed in a steel meridian on a simple black plastic circular support with steel tripod legs, the support with trade label for TOKYO PHYSICAL INSTRUMENT MFG. CO., LTD. TOKYO JAPAN -- 23in. (58.4cm.) high.
I have a photo of the item, Not the one I have here but identical, which I can send to interested parties.

Apparently these are quiet rare and don't come up often I have owned this for over 35 years. Reason for selling; downsized my house, no room.

Price $1200.00 FIRM No time wasters or tyre kickers please
thank you for looking.

PM's please

regards

Pete