Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27-06-2023, 07:06 PM
Constant (David)

Extraordinary tripod

Ive purchased many things from DC Expert of all things it's an eBay store, however many shop fronts could learn a thing or two on service from DC Expert.
My point isnt to talk about the store rather to talk about an extraordinary tripod they sell the link follows....

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/233338056520

The Ifootage Wildbull matches the things most of us do, astrophotography and terrestrial or studio photography. The Wildbull is a BEAST the outstanding characteristic..... its as solid as a granite pillar, rock solid. One more trick it can self level, achieving perfect level has never been easier.
Willbull's build quality insipires confidence, It's brilliant to swap out a full frame dslr and exchange it for a 100mm Apo. I'm aware this style of tripod isnt for everyone (though ive two) the versatility provided is unmatched. My knowledge is far from perfect, there maybe something better and cheaper, im yet to find it. At the end of the day using great gear is a powerful reward

Last edited by Constant; 27-06-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Old 27-06-2023, 08:18 PM
Hemi

Thanks David,

My wife has a thing for shoes and handbags. I have a thing for tripods!
This one looks very interesting and has nice red shiny bits. Im wondering how it self levels?

Hemi
Old 28-06-2023, 10:31 AM
Constant (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
Thanks David,

My wife has a thing for shoes and handbags. I have a thing for tripods!
This one looks very interesting and has nice red shiny bits. Im wondering how it self levels?

Hemi

Hemi,

The head of the tripod has a "bowl like" arrangement whereby what ever angle (within reason) the tripod head sits realative to the ground true level is achievable. The tripod head and its screw is compliant with many telescope mounts, as in goto mounts.
Every weight stat is measured in the 10s of kgs, a generous weight capacity.

David
Ps we share the "tripod problem" as it combines the addiction of astro & photography, the two most wickedly expensive habits ive formed

Last edited by Constant; 28-06-2023 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Ps