Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Stu Ward

Any Societies in Wollongong ?

Hi

As a newcomer to this hobby (although i have been fascinated all my life) i would like to know if there are any groups in the
Wollongong area that i could pop along to and soak up as much info and advice as possible

Look forward to hearing from you

Stu
Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hey Stu, to IceInSpace!

Don't forget to check out the Clubs and Society Listings page for a list!

Cheers
Old 10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Stu Ward

heheh thanks

Stu
Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
madwayne (Wayne)

Stu

If it's any help to you our club at Sutherland, SASI, have a public open night on Saturday 27 March to coincide with Earth Hour. We will have our observatory at Green Point open with it's telescopes as well as members scopes on the observing field. The open nights are great and I look forward to them when I can get to them. More info at www.sasi.net.au.

Mods - apologies in advance if this post breaks any forum rules.

Wayne
Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Saturnine (Jeff)

G'day Stu

As you may have already found, there are 2 clubs in Wollongong, the Illawarra Astronomical Society and The Wollongong Amateur Astronomy Club, of which I'm a member. Both clubs welcome anyone who has a curiousity to know more about the night sky and astronomy in general.
If you would like to find out more about the W.A.A.C. you can look us up in Yahoo Users Groups and you are welcome to join us for our monthly observing sessions on the next 2 Sat nights, ( the dark of the moon weekends ).
If you are keen to find out more details send me an P.M. and I'll give you my phone number, be happy to talk to you .

Kind Regards

Jeff
Old 18-10-2010, 12:04 AM
albertwt (Albert)
Total Nubie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
G'day Stu

As you may have already found, there are 2 clubs in Wollongong, the Illawarra Astronomical Society and The Wollongong Amateur Astronomy Club, of which I'm a member. Both clubs welcome anyone who has a curiousity to know more about the night sky and astronomy in general.
If you would like to find out more about the W.A.A.C. you can look us up in Yahoo Users Groups and you are welcome to join us for our monthly observing sessions on the next 2 Sat nights, ( the dark of the moon weekends ).
If you are keen to find out more details send me an P.M. and I'll give you my phone number, be happy to talk to you .

Kind Regards

Jeff
Yes, I 'm also living in Wollongong area and would love to meet up if there is meet up event happening.

Cheers,

Albert