Old 18-10-2005, 10:27 PM
TidaLpHasE
Gone fish'n

Thanks Houghy, i just got an answer.

The cuurent version is 2.05

My mount must have been gathering dust for some time over at Tasco
Old 18-10-2005, 10:29 PM
h0ughy (David)

Well on that note I have been dudded to mate, as you know I have v2.04. So what is involved in getting 2.05?
Old 19-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Did you fit the skyscan or did they...I heard they are not selling the skyscan to be fitted by the customer anymore....all skyscans must be sold with fitting included by a technician.
After Tasco recieved my mount for warranty repairs they emailed me to say that they would be fitting all the SkyScan upgrades in future and that retailers would no longer be able to do it themselves. I can only assume there were some bad installation jobs done and Tasco were getting stuck fixing them under warranty. It sounds like Trevor has got one that's been sitting around for a while. These problems probably wouldn't have occured if they were fitted and tested by Tasco.
Old 19-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy
Well on that note I have been dudded to mate, as you know I have v2.04. So what is involved in getting 2.05?
I've been dudded too, mine is version 2.02. It sounds like mine and Trevor's are old stock.
As far as I know they can't be upgraded via PC like the Meade Autostar. The latest one apparently is upgradeable. It might be possible to buy the latest hand controller and swap it over with the existing one. I doubt it's really worth worrying about.
Old 19-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Ambermile
I make stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I haven't heard that one but it doesn't suprise me. Heads should be rolling, that's pathetic from a QC point of view.
True. Not sure if you can dial into this thread from here but try a look here...

http://www.ukastroimaging.co.uk/foru...ic.php?t=11835

If you need to join then do it, it's worth it, but if you can read thread you will know as much as I do about the "grease" issue.

Arthur
Old 19-10-2005, 06:50 AM
slice of heaven

How many Chinamen have you run over Trevor? You just cant take a trick. Every purchase you've made has had a downside. Sorry to hear it's happenned again.

Wiring is a common problem on the EQ6 , join up to the EQ6 Yahoo group and there's various threads on fixes for the wiring. Ask for some help and someone will post what your looking for. (edit: I see you did )

V2.02 is fairly old stock, Houghy the only diff between 2.04 and 2.05 is the alignment stars and the way their listed and is no big deal. All versions can be upgraded when the new flash upgradeable HC is released early next year. The new version will also include Sync .

Having to have the Skyscan fitted by an authorized techy is not to my liking, unless their fitting it for $0.

Last edited by slice of heaven; 19-10-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 19-10-2005, 07:21 AM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slice of heaven

V2.02 is fairly old stock, Houghy the only diff between 2.04 and 2.05 is the alignment stars and the way their listed and is no big deal. All versions can be upgraded when the new flash upgradeable HC is released early next year. The new version will also include Sync .
Surely there has to be something else different, why would you alter the alignment star list. Also , it would be nice to have a complete list of objects and stuff stored in the memory of the hand controller!
Old 19-10-2005, 07:33 AM
slice of heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy
Surely there has to be something else different
Nope that's it. Cant remember why
Old 19-10-2005, 04:02 PM
TidaLpHasE
Gone fish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by slice of heaven
How many Chinamen have you run over Trevor?

Who me? nahh, i swear everything i buy comes from china

Returned the mount today, hoping for the replacement by the end of the week.

The supplier was helpful and will contact me with any info he gets from Tasco
Old 19-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Ambermile
I make stuff...

Adding sync is the best thing I can imagine - it's the one thing I miss from the LX200. It's a pain with a pier-mount that you get the alignment right and then still have to go through alignment every time you switch on!

Got the thing running through CdC last night, that was a relief as well. I can now drive it from the house with the laptop running wireless outside

Arthur

PS - having said that though, now I can run it through the laptop I can sync with the software anyway! Happy rabbit

Last edited by Ambermile; 20-10-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 21-10-2005, 11:01 AM
TidaLpHasE
Gone fish'n

Well it looks like another weeks wait for the replacement mount to arrive.

The supplier said they had a look at it and it was faulty, gee you don't say

I suppose it gives me some time to order my scope, read up on the mounts operation and techniques, get some new astro mags, and generally wait in limbo again due to sub standard quality control