Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-04-2008, 12:27 PM
programmer
Computer tragic

Free Plossls for needy beginner

I have 3 Plossls that I'd be happy to ship out for free, to a beginner who needs them. They are 25mm, 9mm and 4mm, unbranded but labelled as 'fully multi-coated', the 4mm labelled as 'series 500'. The 4mm is pretty much unusable in my 1250mm FL scope but might be useful at a shorter FL. Just let me know which one(s) you need.

I might add the 25 and 9 are the two that Lee kindly shipped to me for free in my early days.

Cheers
Old 25-04-2008, 03:26 PM
cpoc

I'd be happy to take any and all of those eye pieces... though currently I'm waiting on my first telescope (which is actually my Grandfather's old one... so perhaps not even appropriate for these eyepieces?). I would feel a little guilty accepting them for free but at the same time I'm poor

Would there be anything I could offer in exchange or is this simply a pay it forward type scenario? Sorry I'm waffling.

At the very least though perhaps an eyepiece might work with my dad's new scope? But anyway... if you don't find someone else needier or more appropriate I'd certainly be interested.
Old 25-04-2008, 06:11 PM
programmer
Computer tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoc View Post
I'd be happy to take any and all of those eye pieces... though currently I'm waiting on my first telescope (which is actually my Grandfather's old one... so perhaps not even appropriate for these eyepieces?). I would feel a little guilty accepting them for free but at the same time I'm poor

Would there be anything I could offer in exchange or is this simply a pay it forward type scenario? Sorry I'm waffling.

At the very least though perhaps an eyepiece might work with my dad's new scope? But anyway... if you don't find someone else needier or more appropriate I'd certainly be interested.
Just say the word and they're yours. You'd need to know the eyepiece barrel size of that scope. It could be a .965" which wouldn't take these.. it needs to be a 1.25". Let me know.
Old 26-04-2008, 05:32 PM
cpoc

Well it turns out my dad's new scope does take 1.25" so if you are sure you're willing to part with them, I'd love them (it would be nice to give him something for having instilled an interest in Astronomy in me... and for offering me Grandpa's old scope). What do I need to do now? I guess an address is useful? Should the rest be done via PM's?
Old 26-04-2008, 06:13 PM
programmer
Computer tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoc View Post
Well it turns out my dad's new scope does take 1.25" so if you are sure you're willing to part with them, I'd love them (it would be nice to give him something for having instilled an interest in Astronomy in me... and for offering me Grandpa's old scope). What do I need to do now? I guess an address is useful? Should the rest be done via PM's?
PM sent
Old 26-04-2008, 06:44 PM
rally

Thats a Great Gesture Programmer

I remember 2 or 3 occasions in my life when I was helped out by others who didn't know me at all, but were able to sense that a little help was needed.

It instilled some nice values.

Have a great day.

Regards
Rally
Old 26-04-2008, 09:52 PM
programmer
Computer tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally View Post
Thats a Great Gesture Programmer

I remember 2 or 3 occasions in my life when I was helped out by others who didn't know me at all, but were able to sense that a little help was needed.

It instilled some nice values.

Have a great day.

Regards
Rally
What goes around comes around, I guess.
Old 26-04-2008, 09:52 PM
programmer
Computer tragic

Pending.
Old 28-04-2008, 10:28 AM
StevenA (Steven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer View Post
I have 3 Plossls that I'd be happy to ship out for free, to a beginner who needs them. They are 25mm, 9mm and 4mm, unbranded but labelled as 'fully multi-coated', the 4mm labelled as 'series 500'. The 4mm is pretty much unusable in my 1250mm FL scope but might be useful at a shorter FL. Just let me know which one(s) you need.

I might add the 25 and 9 are the two that Lee kindly shipped to me for free in my early days.

Cheers
I am a single father of two (one with Autism) on a pension. The only time i get to myself is when they are asleep. I struggle a lot so class myself as needy. I would be very grateful for the help of your offer. My phone number is 0420616567. I live close by in Springvale. If you select me I would be exstatic. I would except anything you would offer. Thankyou StevenA PS Only have public library Internet so can not get on line often
Old 28-04-2008, 10:49 AM
programmer
Computer tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenA View Post
I am a single father of two (one with Autism) on a pension. The only time i get to myself is when they are asleep. I struggle a lot so class myself as needy. I would be very grateful for the help of your offer. My phone number is 0420616567. I live close by in Springvale. If you select me I would be exstatic. I would except anything you would offer. Thankyou StevenA PS Only have public library Internet so can not get on line often
Sorry Steven but they have been taken. You might try a Wanted ad for anyone who maybe has some GSO plossls or the like that they will likely never use.

Good luck.
Old 28-04-2008, 10:50 AM
programmer
Computer tragic

EP's have been taken. Thanks.