Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > Telescopes & Mounts
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24-05-2024, 03:20 PM
Paul Haese

Takahashi Mewlon 250 CR

I have a Takahashi Mewlon 250 CR for sale. It is in very good condition and has produced very nice images. It works well with a ZWO 2600 MM. See attached images taken by Jarrod Koh.

I am looking to sell this excellent instrument for $4500 ONO.

Please PM for interest and offers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0003.jpg)
192.7 KB331 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0004.jpeg)
140.3 KB312 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0005.jpg)
191.4 KB355 views
IceTrade Classifieds is a free service provided to IceInSpace members to help encourage and promote astronomy in our community.
Old 26-05-2024, 10:46 AM
SpaceTas (Stefan)

What do letters CR mean

Despite looking through takahashi sites etc I have not found out what the are the differences between the older CR model and the newer CRS model.
So what does the CR stand for?

Also, how old is this Mewlon?

Thanks
Old 26-05-2024, 03:09 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

There isn’t a lot of differences between the old and new Mewlon250.
The new one comes with an integrated field flattener as standard whereas it was an optional extra on the old one; it pushed it from F/12 to F/10.
The new one has four spider veins where as the old Mewlon had 3 (6 spikes as opposed to 4). As far as I’m aware the focus motor in the secondary didn’t change but the new Mewlon has a port (RS-232?) for motor control via computer as opposed to just hand controller as well as fans in the back plate.
Old 27-05-2024, 04:56 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTas View Post
Despite looking through takahashi sites etc I have not found out what the are the differences between the older CR model and the newer CRS model.
So what does the CR stand for?

Also, how old is this Mewlon?

Thanks
As Colin has stated those would be the differences. This unit has the field corrector which is inside and fitted to the telescope. It is not on the outside of the scope. It is an f10.

I don't know what CR stands for in this context. As a guess I am inclined to think it might be corrected but I could be wrong.

I think it was made in 2010, serial number is 10035.
Old 27-05-2024, 06:29 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
As Colin has stated those would be the differences. This unit has the field corrector which is inside and fitted to the telescope. It is not on the outside of the scope. It is an f10.

I don't know what CR stands for in this context. As a guess I am inclined to think it might be corrected but I could be wrong.

I think it was made in 2010, serial number is 10035.
CR just means that the Takahashi Mewlon-300 CR Corrector has been installed into an earlier model Mewlon. In this case this scope appears to be a Mewlon 250S with 300 CR Corrector.

The newer CRS has this Corrector factory installed along with cooling fans and a new style electric secondary focuser.
Old 31-05-2024, 11:42 AM
Equator (Joseph)

Still selling it?
Old 01-06-2024, 06:23 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equator View Post
Still selling it?
Yes but I am not sending it OS for the price. Freight is extra and payment has to hit my bank prior to sending.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:01 PM
furyz (Kristian)

Interested, I heard a lot of great things about the Mewlon scopes.

I am not finding a lot of info about the 250CR, all the links online talk about the CRS specifically.

Could you share a few more photos of the front and back of the scope?

Just trying to clarify what others have said about comparing the old and new Mewlon 250 versions... Does this one have 4 or 3 spider vanes?

Also you wouldnt happen to have the Takahashi 0.73x Reducer as well to sell with it?
Old 05-06-2024, 08:00 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyz View Post
Interested, I heard a lot of great things about the Mewlon scopes.

I am not finding a lot of info about the 250CR, all the links online talk about the CRS specifically.

Could you share a few more photos of the front and back of the scope?

Just trying to clarify what others have said about comparing the old and new Mewlon 250 versions... Does this one have 4 or 3 spider vanes?

Also you wouldnt happen to have the Takahashi 0.73x Reducer as well to sell with it?
Three spider vanes, it does not have fans in the back of the scope you remove the outer casing for imaging and cooling. I don't have a reducer at all, The secondary focuser is via first generation hand controller.

I'll try to upload some images of the front and back of the scope in the next few days.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:11 PM
furyz (Kristian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Three spider vanes, it does not have fans in the back of the scope you remove the outer casing for imaging and cooling. I don't have a reducer at all, The secondary focuser is via first generation hand controller.

I'll try to upload some images of the front and back of the scope in the next few days.
Understood, thank you very much for the confirmation. I will do some searching and see what I can find in terms of an appropriate reducer, etc. Will get back to you if I decide to go ahead.